31: Pleading

A/N: Super long chapter to make up for the lack of posting lately ;) ily guys

It had been one week since everything went down. Jacob and Steve still weren't speaking to us girls and tensions were growing high between Elizabeth, Annette, and I. We were constantly blaming each other for anything that went wrong, plus I was still grounded so my life simply revolved between school and home- causing a strain on my relationship with Josh.

On the positive side, I hadn't heard from Mike and Lisa. I think they figured out I was planning the paternity test when they found his things missing and skipped town. This made my guard go down about them, which overall decreased my anxiety levels.

Elizabeth and I were really on edge about the results from the test Tony sent in. We had to hide it from Annette to avoid further drama, but that just made us more anxious because we had to lie to her. He told us it would be 2-3 weeks before we would hear anything, but I was holding onto hope that the results would be rushed and we would know early.

One of the biggest fights the three of us had was about how to approach the boys again. Annette sternly believed we shouldn't speak to them at all and it was up to them to forgive over time, Elizabeth wanted to go to them and beg them to just put it behind them, and I just wanted to write them some sort of letter to communicate that we miss them but respect their space. We were all on completely opposite spectrums of the argument.

"If they wanted to be here, they would be." Annette said sternly.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes, "Obviously they want to be here, they're just upset. We need to go apologize and talk things out."

"I'm not going over there and making a fool of myself, Elizabeth! Your father has made it clear he wants nothing to do with me."

I quickly jumped in, "I think we should just give this some more time before jumping to any conclusions."

Completely ignoring me, Elizabeth and Annette continued to bicker with each other- growing more and more angry by the minute. My eyes darted between the two of them as their tones became more annoyed and their voices grew louder. Eventually, Elizabeth had enough and screamed, "I'm sick of you lying and not caring about anything! Maybe I'll just leave too!"

"Oh, right. And go where?" Annette cackled back.

She crossed her arms and replied, "I'm sure Tony and his mom would let me stay there for a few days."

"Oh, great plan, Elizabeth. Just run away from your issues just like your brother!" Annette spat as Elizabeth spun around and ran up the stairs. She looked over at me and shook her head, "What do you have to say about all of this?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know."

Annette sighed and walked away from me, leaving me alone after all the chaos. I pulled my phone out and texted the only person I knew would be able to help in this situation:

Erika: Hey, can you come pick me up?

Josh: Thought you were grounded

Erika: Yeah i am, i'll walk down to the edge of the street and you can swing by. No one will know

Josh: Okay, whatever you need

I quietly rushed up to my room, grabbed my keys, and snuck out the front door. I knew this posed the risk of getting in even more trouble since I was leaving while I was grounded but I couldn't stay here like this.

I stood on the corner of the street at the stop sign and shivered. It was a dark, windy night and I had forgotten a jacket. I was wearing my pajamas already, athletic shorts and a tank top, and looked around nervously to make sure no one was around. After a few minutes, Josh's car came speeding down the street and slowed down for me to hop in. Once I was buckled in, he drove to the park- our usual hanging location.