...left.

Manjot's POV
Prithvi was out after playing a good knock. I was going towards the crease. Seeing Bandana sitting in the pavillion with a fractured finger was like a nightmare.

Just a day ago I was imagining us playing together and building a good partnership for the team.

She explained me and made me understand how important the scholarship was. It felt like, I was playing for her.

The aim of each and every shot I was playing was to bring a smile on her face.

I scored 57* off 14 balls and we made a total of 183 runs.

There was a small break between two innings.

I went to her, "how was it?" I asked, "probably your best one so far" She said smiling. I also smiled.

"It's okay Manjot. Me nhi jaungi to kya hua? Tum jaoge to ham dono me se ek ka sapna poora hoga. Esi opportunity future me bhi aa sakti hai, me tab try kar lungi" She said, I hummed.

Bandana's POV
Manjot's batting and fielding were excellent. He never delivered like this before.

We won the match and after that names of students who got scholarship were declared. Manjot, obviously, was one of them.

I was happy, really happy.

Manjot wanted to talk to me privately so we met in my room.

"So, champion, kab jaa rahe ho?" I asked. "Kal subhah Bangalore jaana hai. Waha ek week rahenge, and then..." He said and lowered his head.

"That's nice!! All the best" I said smiling.

"Jaane se pehle kucch batana chahta tha tumhe" He said. "Haan bolo" I said.

"Actually" He said and looked here and there, "please tum gussa mat hona" He said, I chuckled. "Esa kya kehna hai?" I asked.

"Bandana...I...I wanted to get rid of you. Mene Abhay aur Shub se help maangi to Abhay ne kaha me tumhe apne pyaar me fasau. Uske baad tum vesa hi karogi jesa me chahta hu. I don't know about pyaar, par tum meri acchi dost ban geyi in dino me. Hamari dosti...pyaar...pata nhi, jo bhi hai woh boht aage takk jaata agar ham dono Dubai jaate. Me chahta tha tumhe yeh baat pata ho. Tumse chupana nhi tha. I'm sorry. Tum mere lie boht special ban geyi ho. I really hope ke hamara yeh naya rishta ese hi rahe aur aage jaake..." He was saying but I stopped him.

"Manjot" I said, "abhi jao please" I said lowering my lashes to hide those tears.

"Bandana me" He said, "Manjot me gusse me nhi keh rhi. Bas abhi baat nhi ho paegi mujhse. Mujhe akele rehna hai. Please go" I said calmly. He nodded and left.

*******

I had a sleepless night. I didn't talk to anyone and was just laying on the bed thinking about Manjot.

Has he changed? But he played with me, should I forgive him for his good behaviour? He is leaving now, I will not see him, wouldn't it be too harsh to not talk to him?

I was still on the bed when Abhay Banna came and called me as Manjot was leaving, "ek baar mil lo please, usne request ki hai" He said. I nodded and we left.

Manjot was standing at the gate. He smiled when he saw me coming.

"Jaa raha hu" He said, "ab koi tumhe sataega nhi" He chuckled. I smiled. "Training ek saal ki hogi, so...see you" He said. I could feel his voice becoming heavy.

"It was nice playing with you" He said forwading his hand for a hand shake, I looked at him and suddenly hugged him tightly.

He hugged me back, "I hope you were talking about cricket" I said, he chuckled, "ofcourse" He said as I broke the hug. He held my hands, "bye Bandana" He said leaving my hands.

"Bye Manjot" I said. He hugged Abhay Banna, Shubman and Disha. Sameeksha just wished him all the best and he side hugged her.

He sat in the car and...left.