In the Past

14th August 1857...

Author's POV
Bandana was the commander of Pratapgarh's army, which was one of the best and greatest ones in East India.

Maharaja Shiva Singh of Pratapgarh, found Bandana near a temple, when she was few weeks old.

He adopted her amd she grew up in the Royal Family, with Prince Abhay and Prince Ishan, who was Maharaja's close friend's son.

Since childhood, army and its tactics have amazed Bandana enough to make her a warrior, probably the best one in Pratapgarh.

She led the army even though she was a female warrior, Maharaja Shiva Singh trusted her more than his own son.

Today, she made him proud again by arresting a dacoit. Meeting in the Royal Hall was finished. The only people present there were Bandana, Maharaja Shiva Singh, Prince Abhay and Prince Ishan.

"Aap pe garv hai hame" Maharaj said, Bandana placed her hand on her chest and lowered her head, Abhay and Ishan were proud of her, after all, she was like a sister to them.

"Khoob tarakki kijiye" Maharaj said, "dhanyavaad Maharaj" She said not looking up.

"Maharaj hame Bandana se kucch kaam tha" Abhay said, "ijazat ho to ham jae?" He asked without any fear. Maharaj smiled and nodded.

The three left.

"Apne to kamaal kardi" Abhay said to Bandana, she smiled. "Aapse se hi seekha hai" She said.

"Aaj raat ko aapke mann pasand pakvaan banenge" Ishan said, "hamare?" Bandana asked excited, "bilkul, hamne khaas aadesh diya tha" He said.

She was happy. This was her small world, her huge army, her caring brothers and her Country. She was only 20, she couldn't really ask for more.

"Rajkumari Sameeksha kesi hai?" Bandana asked looking at Ishan and nudging Abhay. Princess Sameeksha was Prince Ishan's sister. Abhay and Sameeksha were best friends, and according to Bandana there was something between them, but Abhay always denied it.

"Unka khayal kese aa gaya aapko?" Ishan asked, "boht samay ho gaya, mile nhi. Gurukul me saath hote the, ab to ham vyast rehte hai" Bandana said honestly.

"Abhay aap to roz milte honge? Nhi?" Ishan asked, "ham? Haan ham to milte hai. Aap to jaante hai, ham aur Sameeksha boht acche dost hai" Abhay said. Ishan nodded.

"Hame abhyaas karna hai to chalte hai, aap chalengi?" Ishan asked Bandana, "Bhaiya ham thodi der me aate hai" She said. Ishan left.

"Aap apni chonch band rakha kijiye, marvaengi kisi din" Abhay said to Bandana. She chuckled, "aap Sameeksha se prem nhi karte to darte kyu hai?" She asked, "aapki sab chaal samajhte hai ham. Hamse choti hai aap, fir bhi kitna dimaag chalta hai aapka" Abhay said.

"Accha theek hai, ab nhi sataenge aapko" She said, "abhyaas karne chalte hai" She said holding his arm, "hame zaruri kaam hai" Abhay said awkwardly. "Konsa zaruri kaam hai Rajkumar ko?" She asked.

"Vachan dijiye kisiko bataengi nhi" He said, she rolled her eyes, "diya" She said, "Sameeksha se milne jaa rahe" He said, Bandana widened her mouth.

"Koi pooche to sambhaal lijiyega!!" He said while leaving, Bandana just chuckled.

*******

"Arey waah!! Dekho to kon padhaara hai!" Princess Sameeksha said sarcastically, "maafi chahte hai" Abhay said sitting next to her. They were sitting near the lake, where they always meet.

"Boht jaldi aa gey aap" She said, "yeh sab chodiye, aapko pata hai, Pitaji Maharaj hamari shaadi ki baat chala rahe hai" He said.

She looked at him shockingly, and suddenly burst into a laughter, "Abhay aapse shaadi karne ke lie konsi Rajkumari tayaar hongi?" She asked. He made a poker face.

"Koi tayaar naa hui to aap hai na" He teased her, "ham? Ji nhi, hamari pasand boht acchi hai" She said.

"Accha chaliye bataiye, kon kon si Rajkumari ka prastaav aaya" She said.

"Chambal ki Rajkumari" He said, "naak lambi hai" She replied.
"Ludhiana ki Rajkumari" He said, "behens ki poonch jese baal hai" She said.
"Haryana?" He asked, "honth boht bade hai" She said, "accha hai" He said with a smirk, "chee!!" She hit him.
"Accha Jaisalmer?" He asked, "aapke matlab ki nhi hai" She said.
"Jaipur?" He asked, "atrangi shonk rakhti hai" She replied.

He sighed. "Ese to hame intezaar karna hoga, koi hamare matlab ki ladki milne" He said tired, she hummed.

"Abhay" She said, he looked at her, "aap Veerbhadra ko jaante hai?" She asked, he nodded. "Woh kal hamse kucch baat kar rahe the" She said in a low voice.

"Woh hame sahi nhi lagte" She said lowering her lashes, "uski itni himmat ho geyi? Bandana ne usse samjhaya bhi tha. Lagta hai ab hame samjhana padega" Abhay said gritting her teeth.

"Ham usse dekh lenge. Abhi ham Mahal me chalte hai, Ishan aapka intezaar kar rahe honge" Abhay said. She nodded and they both left.