Chapter 18

"Dude, their cabin is bigger than my trailer," Fangs marvelled. "They really are filthy rich, aren't they."

"You've got filthy right," Sweet Pea snorted. "Their money are downright dirty."

"Oh look, I see them!" Fangs spotted the trio creeping around in a cabin room.

"Will you two shut up unless it's an emergency?" Jughead's pissed voice hissed from their ear pieces.

"Oh crap, I forgot my speaker was on," Fangs chuckled, muting it off temporarily.

"Fangs, look," Sweet Pea said with urgency. "Two men are heading into their room."

"Guys, code square," Sweet Pea warned through the ear piece.

————————————————————————

Veronica immediately opened the closet door and shooed them in. Once she closed the door, she opened another door inside the closet by using a secret button.

"We can take turns spying," she motioned to the peephole on the other side of the secret door.

She then thrusted a phone that was connected on the wall to one of the two behind her. "Take this, you'll hear what they are saying."

Cheryl promptly took the phone and listened intently.

"Jughead, use this," Veronica handed a tranquilizer gun that she took from the wall to Jughead. "Shoot it from this hole."

He stuck the gun out in the space that was specially designed for them to shoot from inside out.

"Shoot," Cheryl hissed to Jughead as the men seemed to be leaving.

With two quick clicks of his gun, the two men collapsed on the floor. Jughead quickly darted out from the closet to lock the door.

"The effects should wear out in ten minutes," Veronica dragged out some rope from the closet.

Jughead tied up the two men while Veronica and Cheryl unarmed them and searched for any possible objects of interest.

"They said the others have got Toni, and that they're gonna intimidate her into speaking," Cheryl urged after eavesdropping on the Ghoulies' earpieces. "We don't have much time before Toni gets hurt!"

"Sweet Pea, Fangs," Jughead communicated. "Have you guys found Toni yet?"

"We're trying, but this cabin is so freaking big," Sweet Pea retorted.

"Jingle jangle," Veronica found some drugs from the unconcious men's pockets. "They must be dealing with drugs."

"I know," Jughead frowned as he pocketed the drugs. "But we gotta focus on Toni now."

"What on earth..." one of the two men started to stir. "Untie me at once!"

"Where's Toni, you dirty, disgusting, drug dealing douche?" Cheryl forcefully shoved the man's shoulder.

Seeing Cheryl's fierceness, Jughead and Veronica left the room to actually find Toni as Cheryl interrogated the two men.

"She could be in the basement," Veronica squinted in thought.

"We never know unless we try," Jughead pulled Veronica with him as they hurried down the stairs to the dark, hidden basement.

The theory that Veronica was always right was right this time. Poor Antoinette Topaz was in the basement, surrounded by a bunch of armed men. She was restrained by thick ropes that tied her to a chair.

"I'll ask you one last time! Why are you investigating us, Serpent?" a muscular Ghoulie aimed his gun at Toni, who remained loyal to the Serpents and refused to say a word.

"Scarface, we've been doing the same thing for an hour," a tall man growled. "This is obviously not working, we need to take extreme measure."

A sinister glint of a knife illuminated the dim basement. He pressed it to Toni's arm.

"Speak girl, or off goes your arm!"

Toni remained silent.