Chapter 31

"What's with you and ginger Ken?" Jughead asked nosily as Veronica tidied the bar before opening in the morning.

"Nothing," Veronica replied. "But he's hot and dreamy. A killer combination." 'You're hotter though,' Veronica thought.

Jughead snorted. "You have a thing for redheads, don't you."

"Not in particular. I'd already tried every flavor of boy," Veronica repeated what she had said on the first day of school, except slightly altering it due to having tried orange already.

"Yeah right, at this rate, if I dyed my hair red, you'd probably date me," Jughead rolled his eyes.

"Oh wow seeing you as a redhead would be worth it. I'd do it if you did," Veronica laughed, imagining the sight of Jughead with flaming ginger hair.

"Laugh away, but I bet I'd look better than Archie and Jason," he scowled.

"I'll be the judge of that," Veronica grinned. "The bet is on!"

"I was joking," Jughead gaped.

"As a Lodge, I take bets very seriously," she smirked. "You're not getting out of this, Jones, you best go buy your hair dye."

With that said, Veronica sauntered out of the bar, leaving Jughead wondering what he had gotten himself into.

————————————————————————

Veronica burst out laughing that night when Jughead came into their room.

"I'm doing this just to prove a point," Jughead shot daggers at her. "Stop laughing or I'm dying your hair too."

Veronica suppressed her laughter. Jughead Jones was standing in front of her with red hair!

"VERONICA LODGE! NO PHOTOS!" Jughead screeched, frantically trying to snatch her phone away.

"Too late!" she was in hysterics. "Oh god, this is precious!"

Jughead leapt for the phone, collapsing on top of Veronica, who stretched her hand as far away from him as she could.

"Give me!" Jughead demanded as they struggled for the phone.

"Holy crap!! What are you two doing?!?" Cheryl Blossom happened to pass by the room. Jughead was on top of Veronica, who was flailing her arms to protect her precious photos. Quick as a flash, Cheryl took her phone out and snapped a few pictures. "OMG Jughead! Your hair!"

Jughead's ears turned as red as his hair as he scrambled off Veronica. Veronica at once sat up and tried to pocket her phone, but Jughead was faster and slipped her phone in his pocket.

"Jughead Jones!" Cheryl assessed the situation gleefully. "Did you dye your hair red because you were jealous of Jason?"

"Hell no!" Jughead protested. "I just did this to prove that I'd look hot even as a redhead."

"And why do you need to prove that to Veronica?" Cheryl prompted, hands on hips.

"That's because—I....," Jughead spluttered.

"God you're insane!" He managed before storming out of the room.

Cheryl grinned from ear to ear, satisfied. "If I'm not maid of honor at the Jeronica wedding, I'm gonna be mad." She sashayed away.

———————————————————————

"So, when are we going on that date?" Veronica asked as she slipped into Jughead's office at the White Wyrm.

Jughead was reading, but lost his page when he heard her say that. "Excuse me?"

"You dye your hair red, I go out with you," Veronica refreshed his memory. "That was part of the deal, idiot."

Jughead was about to tell her that it was not necessary, but he had second thoughts. He decided to play along. Who could resist an offer of going on a date with the Veronica Lodge?

"Well, make it good, I haven't been on a date for decades!" Without waiting for a response, Veronica flipped her hair and excused herself.

Jughead rolled his eyes. Typical Veronica. Great, now he had to plan a date. He had not been on one since he and Betty broke up.

————————————————————————

"Toni, can you do me a favor?" Jughead approached his pink haired friend in private.

"What is it?" Toni asked curiously.

"Can you sub Veronica tomorrow, whole day?"

"Only if you tell me why," A hint of a smile appeared on Toni's face.

Jughead lied. "We're going on a mission."

Toni raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"Fine! We're going on a date! But only because of a bet! Happy?" Jughead reluctantly told her.

She clapped her hands excitedly as Jughead stalked away grumpily. He was obviously annoyed and embarrassed that Toni now knew they were going on a date. Well, at least Toni had to stay at the White Wyrm to substitute Veronica, or else she might spy on them on their date. Who knows what that crazy girl would do.

————————————————————————

A/N

I feel evil for leaving the Jeronica date for tomorrow and making you guys wait for it🙈 But don't worry, all good things come to those who wait!