Chapter 34

"Hey bro, can we talk?"

Jughead looked up from the paperwork on his office desk. This was the last person that he wanted to see. Suddenly, the paperwork in front of him seemed way more appealing than talking to the person standing at his desk.

'No, don't bro me, we may not talk.' was what Jughead wanted to say, but being a mature person, he bit back his rude words and said nothing.

"Look, Jughead, I know you don't like me because you think I've got the hots for your girl, but honestly, you should make your move before someone else does," Jason Blossom continued.

"First of all, she is not my girl, and second of all, the only move needed to be made is by you out of my office," Jughead replied sassily.

"Jones, this attitude is getting you nowhere. Listen, since you're not man enough to admit you like Veronica, I'm gonna ask her out on a date tonight. It's your call, man. Don't regret it," Jason Blossom shrugged, then left.

"It's none of my business!" Jughead called after him.

He moodily huffed. More reason to hate Jason Blossom. He did not need his arrogant ass coming in to gloat about things he did not care about at all. It was completely unnecessary that Jason had to inform him about his date with Veronica. Besides, he went on a date with Veronica already before Jason could.

"I don't care," he said to the air, trying to convince himself.

After a few moments, he ran out of his office.

————————————————————————

"Let's go!" Jughead Jones yanked a surprised Veronica out of the kitchen.

"What the hell Jughead? I'm cooking chicken!" Veronica stumbled after the running boy who clasped her hand tightly. She still had her spatula in the other hand.

"You're cooking Jason Blossom?" Jughead savagely roasted him.

"Speaking of Jason Blossom, I have a date with him tonight! Stop pulling me around!"

"Well, too bad, because we're going on that second date you requested." Jughead placed Veronica on her motorcycle quick as a flash and put a helmet on her head.

Then they took off in the sunset.

"What about my chicken? It's gonna get burnt!" Veronica protested, yelling over the roaring of his motorcycle.

"Glad to know your priorities," Jughead rolled his eyes. "Toni's taking care of it."

He finally stopped the motorbike outside a small building in Greendale.

Even after they got off the vehicle, Veronica was still complaining. "You could have told me earlier! Look at what I'm wearing! So not date appropriate!"

Veronica was mortified at the outfit she had on. She was wearing her plain black work clothes with a purple apron and flip flops.

Jughead smirked. "Relax, your attire is totally appropriate for what I've planned for us."

Veronica put her face in her hands as Jughead guided her inside the building. It was humiliating to be seen in public dressed like this.

He walked straight to the lady at the reception. "The name is Jones. I booked the whole place for tonight."

"Ah, yes, follow me, Mr Jones, the restaurant is on the first floor, the activity area is on the second floor, and your classes take place at 9 on the third floor," the receptionist informed the two of them enthusiastically. "You will also need to wear these." She handed them two pairs of boots and two capes.