Ch.5

Zayn's POV

We were currently trying to work in the studio, but all we could hear were screaming fans outside the studio, making it hard to concentrate. "I think we should go out there." I told the boys.

"Let's go. We need a break anyways." Louis sighed. I followed the boys while they started walking out to the balcony, and noticed Camryn sitting by herself.

"You coming?" I asked holding out my hand. She smiled and took my hand shyly.

We jogged to catch up with the boys, and I picked her up so she could look over the ledge at the screaming girls below us. Niall walked over to us shortly after we got out, probably to check on his sister.

"Doing alright?" He asked her. She nodded, but it wasn't very sincere.

"Are you scared of big crowds?" I questioned.

"I've never been in a big crowd." She answered shakily.

"Well there's nothing to worry about. They love you as much as we do." I told her. A small smile tugged on her lips. "All they want is for you to notice them, so just give them a little wave. Like this." I waved to the girls, which made them scream even louder. "Now you try." I said.

"I'm scared." Camryn said burying her face in the crook of my neck.

"I'll do it with you." I said quietly into her ear.

She slowly lifted her head and looked back towards the crowd. I started waving to the girls again, showing Camryn that it wasn't that bad, but she still wasn't waving. "Alright, you gave me no choice missy." I said taking her hand and waving it around crazily.

"No!" She giggled and started to laugh uncontrollably.

"See? I told you it wasn't that bad!" I chuckled and let go of her hand. 

"Hey, Paul said it's clear to go down there." Louis told us.

"Alright, let's go down then." I said rubbing Camryn's back to keep her nerves calm.

The security guards led us down to the fans that were secured behind a gate. I held onto Camryn even tighter because it was about to get a lot more intense for her. As we got closer and closer to the girls, the screaming intensified. Camryn wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her face again. I rubbed her back and whispered comforting words in her ear, trying to make her feel safe. I walked over to a section of fans getting as many autographs in as I could, but it was difficult to do while holding Camryn.

"Isn't that Niall's sister?" A fan asked me.

"Yup, this is Camryn." I smiled.

"Aw, is she asleep?" The same girl asked me.

"Nah, she's just nervous." I chuckled.

"Is she visiting you guys?" A different fan asked curiously.

"She's actually going to be staying with us from now on, so you'll be seeing her more." I told her as I moved on to the next group.

"Can I get a picture with you, Zayn?"  A girl in her teens asked me.

"Sure, babe." I smiled. She stuck her arms through the gate and I leaned over towards her as she snapped the picture.

"Thank you so much!" She said looking at the picture, and ran off squealing which always put a smile on my face. I signed as many pictures and CD's as I could before the security guards came up to me and told me it was time to go. I never like leaving fans before they all have autographs, it makes me feel bad. But before I followed the boys back inside, I gave the fans one last wave.

I put Camryn down as soon as we got back up to the recording room. "Here, Cam." Niall said giving her his iPhone so she could play games on the couch while we worked. Right before we were about to get started again, Paul walked in with a very slim, elderly looking woman. She had her grey hair in a low bun and wore her glasses at the end of her nose, which made her look rather intimidating.

"Sorry to interrupt boys, but there's someone I need you to meet." Paul announced. We all looked over at them with our undivided attention. "This is Mrs. Baxter. She will be Camryn's new private tutor." Paul said. I had to hold in a laugh, thinking it was a joke. There was no way this mean old lady was going to be sweet little Camryn's teacher.

"It's nice to meet you." Niall said holding out his hand for her to shake. Mrs. Baxter just nodded her head. I looked around at the boys. All of us exchanged curious looks. 

"Where is Camryn?" She asked, which made Camryn's eyes look up from her game.

"Um, she's on the couch." Niall said pointing to her. I could tell he was unsure if he wanted to let this lady go near his little sister. Mrs. Baxter walked over to the couch and towered over Camryn. We could all tell Camryn was very uncomfortable. Louis had to turn around because he was about to burst out laughing. Despite being the oldest, he doesn't handle awkward situations very maturely. 

"Hello Camryn." She said dryly.

"Hi." Camryn squeaked nervously.

"Tell me, Camryn, what was your old teacher like back home?" She asked in her monotone voice.

"I liked her a lot! She was really nice, and gave us candy all the time!" Camryn responded, perking up a bit.

"Well I can assure you my style is completely different from hers." She said flatly, making Camryn cower back. "I'm your teacher not your friend. You are not to talk unless I ask you a question, is that understood?" She asked firmly.

"But what if I have a question?" Camryn asked timidly.

"You shouldn't have a question if you pay attention to what I say." Mrs. Baxter snapped. Camryn whimpered quietly and brought her fingers to her mouth nervously.

"We start tomorrow. I will provide all of your materials. All you need to do is bring yourself. I will see you promptly at eight in the morning." She said turning on her heels and walking out the door. Paul shrugged to the boys and followed quickly behind her.

We were all silent from that unexpected visit, and looked over at Camryn who looked overwhelmed. "Cam, are you okay?" Niall asked softly. Camryn looked at us wide eyed and shook her head.

"I think she's going to kill me." She said completely serious.