Ch.8

Niall's POV

"So boys, how do you like it here in New Zealand?" The interviewer asked. I couldn't help but glance over at Camryn every couple of seconds. She was sitting with Paul, probably playing her hair salon game she loved. These interviews were starting to get repetitive. How many have we done? Five? Ten? I can't keep track anymore. All I is I'm ready for them to be over. 

"It's fantastic. The weather here is amazing." Liam answered. 

"I heard you guys got to go out in the water yesterday, is that correct?" She questioned.

"Yeah, we swam and got to fish a bit as well." Harry said.

"Now, I heard there was a little accident when you were out there. Can you tell us what happened?" The interviewer asked. Finally, a question that caught my attention.

"Oh, well my little sister accidently fell in but she's fine. She's just scared of sharks and stuff. You know how little girls can be." I told her.

"And she's going to be on the whole tour with you guys?" She asked.

"Yeah, it was a tough situation, but this is what was best for me and her." I answered.

"But how can you deal with a little kid for an entire tour? I mean won't she make it a bit stressful?" The interviewer asked, which ticked me off. I couldn't believe she just said that. Did she not know what we had been through in the past couple days? How could she have the nerve to say that to me? I took a couple minutes to breathe before I spoke to ensure I wouldn't say something I'd regret. Louis noted the frustration on my face and took over for me. 

"Not at all, Camryn is very mature for her age." Louis told her, the aggitatiion clear in his voice as well.

"She's a very easy little girl. She doesn't complain when we have to fly all the time, she doesn't whine that she's exhausted when we don't get much sleep, and she certainly does not get in the way." Harry said matter-of-factly.

"If anything, this is hardest on her." Zayn sighed.

"Yeah I mean she has to go through everything we go through, and she's only eight." Liam said.

"She had to put her life on hold for us. She had to leave all her friends behind. No little kid should have to lose their parents at her age. She's gone through so much in the past week, and she's taking it all in so well. She's very strong, and I'm proud of her every single day." I said, trying not to let anyone notice my shaky voice. I blinked back tears and crossed my arms over my chest. There was a long, awkward silence in the room before the interviewer finally spoke up.

"Well thank you for your time, boys. It was a pleasure meeting all of you." She said while quickly getting up and walking out. I shook my head, and Liam patted my back.

"I know you were upset, but you did a great job controlling it." Liam said sincerely.

"I just can't believe she would say such a thing." I said still in shock.

"I thought that was quite rude of her." Louis added. Paul walked over holding Camryn's hand, noticing the angered expression on my face.

"Everything alright, boys?" He asked. We all stayed pretty silent, and Paul knew to just let it go.

"Come here, Cam." I said holding out my arms for her. She smiled warmly and walked over to me. I picked her up and sat her on my lap.

"You doing okay?" I asked wrapping my arms around her protectively.

"Yeah." She nodded and relaxed in my arms.

"Good." I said resting my chin on her head. "We're almost done. There's only one interview left." I told her as the last interviewer was approaching us. "Alright off you go squirt." I said, about to stand Camryn up.

"Oh, she can stay if she wants." The interviewer said.

"Are you sure?" I asked, caught off guard.

"Yeah, she's fine." The interviewer smiled. "All of these questions are for her actually." Camryn lit up excitedly and gave the interviewer her undivided attention. We were all glad to get a little break, and anxious to see what questions she'd be asked and how she'd answer them.

"Okay, Camryn I'm gonna ask a question and you answer as honest as you can. You're gonna give us the dirt on these boys, and it's rapid fire so be quick. Alright here's the first question, who snores the loudest?"

"Niall." Camryn giggled.

"Do not." I said defensively as all the boys were teasing me quietly.

"Who would you take if you were stranded on an island?"

"Um..Louis." She after giving it little thought.

"Who would you trust to take care of your favorite pet?"

"Liam."

"Who would you want to go on a roller coaster with?"

"Zayn 'cos he's never been on one." She answered with a cute grin.

"Who's the best one to watch a movie with?"

"Harry." She nodded to herself.

"Who do you like the most?" The interviewer asked and held in a devious smile. Everyone stared at Camryn waiting for her to answer.

"Um..all of them!" She giggled. What am I chopped liver? I mean I'm only your brother no big deal.

"You can't choose all of us!" Louis bellowed.

"Yeah, tell them who your real favorite is Camryn." Harry said winking at her.

"I don't have a favorite!" She said blushing a deep red.

"Who's your favorite brother?" I asked while tickling her sides.

"You!" She shrieked while laughing and squirming to avoid being tickled.

"Exactly." I smirked in victory.

"Alright last question, Camryn. What's your favorite part about being with the boys all the time now?" The interviewer asked.

"My favorite thing is.." She thought out loud for moment before answering, "that I have four new brothers." This kid sure does know how to melt our hearts.