38: Prom

-A Few Days Later-

Your POV

I got ready for prom with Katsumi in my room upstairs. "Okay prom queen, makeup time." Katsumi said.

"Prom queen?" I asked with a chuckle while plopping myself down in front of her so she can do my makeup.

"Yes prom queen! Oikawa is obviously going to be king because he's, well, Oikawa and who else would be queen other then his girlfriend?" She said. 

"Bakada." I said, causing us to enter a fit of laughter.

"Is she even allowed to prom?" Katsumi asked when we finally calmed down and she continued my makeup. 

"I have no idea. I never saw her again after she got in trouble, I think she switched schools." I replied. 

"Oh well, anyways queen, have a speech ready?" She asked.

"I have to have a speech?" I asked with a sigh.

"It's not required but recommended." She replied.

"Whatever I will think of one off the top of my head, that's if I win." I told the girl.

"You will." She replied and I just sighed.

*******

"Time to get downstairs, Tooru texted me and they are waiting." I told Katsumi. "You ready?" I asked. She nodded. I opened the bedroom door and we both walked out and down the stairs. There, I saw Hajime and Tooru standing in their suits, hair all done and looking amazing. The looked up when they heard our footsteps.

"F-fuck." I heard Tooru stutter. I giggled as I got to the last step. 

"Holy shit give me a second." Hajime said while walking out of the room for and coming back in a few seconds later.

"Fuck, babe you're killing me." Tooru said while looking away from me. Katsumi laughed while walking over to her boyfriend and I walked over to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and turned his face so he would look at me. I watched a blush creep up on his cheeks as he looked me in the eyes. "You look so fucking beautiful." He said.

"Thank you." I said with a smile. 

"Pictures!" I heard mom and dad yell. I giggled while dropping my arms and grabbing Tooru's hand instead and walked over to my mom and dad.

"You look beautiful sweetheart." My dad said to me. 

"Thank you dad." I said with a smile. After a few thousand pictures they finally let us go and we climbed into the limo mom and dad insisted on getting for the four of us. 

******

"Would you like to dance?" I heard Tooru's voice, as I watched everyone having fun on the dance floor. I looked over at my boyfriend to see him with a small smile on his face, his hand extended, waiting for me to take it.

"I would love to." I said, grinning as I took his hand.  We walked onto the dance floor, a heavy silence. We both had the same thing on mind, graduation, different universities. Tooru used his hand and turned my head up to look at him. I didn't even realize I was looking at the floor. I gave him a small smile and he pulled me into a hug.

"Don't think about it, please. Let's just enjoy tonight." He said to me softly in my ear.

"Okay." I whispered back. He kissed my cheek lightly as we pulled away. A slow song came on and we started to sway to the music. I laid my head on his shoulder, a small smile on my face. "I love you." I said softly.

"I love you too." He replied.

********

"It's time to announce prom king and queen!" I heard from the stage. Tooru, Hajime, Katsumi, and I stopped our dancing and looked up to the stage. Katsumi looked over at me and winked, causing me to roll my eyes playfully, Tooru grabbed my hand and I looked up at him with a smile.  "Our Prom King is..." A drum roll sound effect played and then ended. "Oikawa Tooru!" The spotlight shone on the boy next to me as everyone broke out into claps. He kissed my cheek quickly while walking up to the stage and going up the steps. The crown was put on his head and he stood up proudly. 

"Now for the prom queen, our lucky prom queen is..." The drum roll sound effect played again, but for a longer and more dramatic time. "Give it up for our queen Iwaizumi (F/N)!" I looked up at the stage at my boyfriend who was clapping with a smile on his face. I walked over to the stage with a smile on my face. The crown was placed on my head by the principal, then I was given a bouquet by Tooru. He wrapped an arm around my waist as we stood up on the stage while everyone clapped. 

"Prom king and queen slow dance time!" I heard a voice scream from the crowd and immediately knew it was Issei. I sighed softly as Tooru let out a loud chuckle. 

"I agree." Tooru said while offering me his hand with a big grin on his face. I smiled back at him as I took his hand and we walked off the stage and to the center of the dance floor. I looked around for somewhere to place the bouquet in my arm when Katsumi quickly ran over and I handed it to her with a quick thank you. Tooru took my hand in his as we softly swayed on the dance floor, slowly everyone joined us on the dance floor. "I'm so madly in love with you (F/N), my beautiful queen..." Tooru said to me. I blushed slightly as I hid my face in his shoulder.

"I love you too. I love you so so much." I said while looking back up at him. Tooru stopped dancing and raised his hand up to my cheek, then softly pulled me into a kiss.