Battlefield Stress

~Before Chapter Nightmares

His horse rode at an incredible speed. As if it feared the beast behind him, and at the same time did not. The Titan that was chasing them was around ten meters tall. And it seemed to be an Abnormal. 

Levi looked behind him and sighed. He was bored, this would be a piece of cake for him. He stood on his feet, on top of his horse, and jumped up. He shot his Maneuver Gear into a tree nearby and swung back to the Titan.

The Titan roared and reached out to grab the short man. Levi just steered into a different direction and aimed for the nape of it's neck. 

The Titan stood no chance against this man and was felled within minutes. Levi looked around, satisfied, but his expression faded quickly. 

A few hundred meters away Sasha and Jean were having troubles. One fifteen meter, Abnormal, was reaching out to grab Jean and succeeded. Jean yelled loudly. Levi thought even Eren would be able to hear it, who was on the other side of the field. 

Levi wasted no time and whistled for his horse. It came running back to him very quickly. Levi jumped on it and road to the 'Damsel in distress.' The Titan smiled a creepy smile and tried to crush the Scout in his hand. 

Jean yelled again, this time in pain. Sasha screamed his name and stroke at the Titan's hand. It fell apart in small, actually still big, pieces. Jean fell down too and hit the ground hard. Sasha rushed to him and cradled his fallen form. 

Levi saw the titan screech and lift his foot. Levi yelled a 'No!' And shot at the Titan. It didn't expect Levi so it was killed quite quickly. Levi rushed to the two on the ground. 

Sasha spoke to him but all Levi could do was seeing two faces in the distance. Isabelle and Farlan. He looked down and shock landed on him. Sasha had a bloody face and hands as she held Jean in her arms. Jean himself was unconscious and bleeding from an unseen wound. 

Levi saw them, but he also saw Isabelle and Farlan in the two. He began hyperventilating. He fell to his knees as Sasha let go of Jean to catch him. Levi looked at her and gasped. She began yelling for help.

Levi heard it all but did not register it. Then he saw it. The three fifteen meters running towards them. Sasha saw them too and began screaming in fear. Levi wanted to calm her but he found that he couldn't breathe. 

He saw Sasha stand up to face the Titan's in a blur. And then he heard the sickening scream of a Titan Shifter, Eren. 

Then darkness swallowed him.

~

Eren shifted right before his eyes. Erwin was pissed. The Titan ran towards the scream of help and he followed with his group. Mikasa and Armin in front, Erwin next, and the rest after them. 

Erwin rushed to Sasha only to find her with two blacked out men. One was her partner for the mission, Jean, and the other was to his shock, Levi. Erwin knelt down next to the girl and talked to her. 

She told him what had happened. He helped her patch up Jean and then he went to check on Levi. The short man was breathing fast and rough. He was sweating and seemed to be in pain. 

Erwin checked him for injury, but found none. He sighed and already knew why the Captain was out. Stress. Levi had once told him Jean and Sasha reminded him of Isabelle and Farlan. And that was probably the reason he was down now. 

Erwin called for some help as he watched Yeager Titan kill other Titans. Armin joined him and helped Sasha get Jean on a horse. Armin sat with Jean on the horse as Sasha went to retrieve hers and Armin's. 

Erwin picked up Levi and placed him on his horse. Then he sat behind him and ordered Mikasa to get Eren out of his Titan form and then to retreat. He grabbed the reins of Levi's horse and road back to the wall. Sasha and Armin with Jean behind him. The rest of the Scouts waited for Mikasa to get Eren and fended of Titans meanwhile. 

Erwin road into the city to their home. He ordered the Scouts to rest and led Armin and Sasha to the infirmary. They stayed there with Jean while he recovered.

Erwin walked Levi to his room and laid him down on his bed. Then he waited for Levi to wake up.

"Levi."

Levi sat up with a gasp and looked around fanatically. He was covered in sweat from head to toe. He looked up.

"Erwin.." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'~

Hi everyone, so this is what occurred before chapter Nightmares. So I just wanted to do that, it's part of it after all. I hope you all liked it and I hope to see ya all next time! 

Levi: Your doing this again!

Me: Yes, what is it with you these days? Get your ass outta here and back inside that damn wall, short stuff!

Levi: What did you just call me!

Erwin: Levi calm down.

Levi: Shut the fuck u-mpfh!

Erwin: * Kisses Levi* 

Me: * Takes Pictures* Hehe~ LevixErwin Forever!

Levi and Erwin:  Damn you Rebecca...

~Bye!

( Short fact: I am actually smaller than Levi in real life, I'm like 1,55 meters or something. And Levi is 1,60, I am so jealous!) 

(Rebecca Tannen is my name in this story, I will show myself sometimes, as a normal Scout of course, nothing special this story is about Levi ya know! Nobody knows what my name is! And nobody has to know or will ever know!)