Lost Child

Armin tied his hair in a ponytail, forgetting half of his hair. Behind him on the bed Jean snickered. Armin turned with a glare, then turned back quickly. "You forgot half." Jean said, crawling towards him. Armin's face turned red at the sight of him and he turned his head away. "I know." He said. Jean chuckled and kissed Armin's nape. 

"Have fun at work, don't die on me." Jean said. Armin smiled and kissed Jean softly. "Will do." Then he left. Jean sighed and pulled the covers of off his naked body. Then he went to the bathroom, getting in for a nice hot shower.

~

Eren pushed himself of on his arms, rolling to his side to lay next to Mikasa. "You sleep okay?" She asked softly. He nodded and hugged her frail form. "What do you think Rebecca is doing?" Mikasa shook her head. She had no idea. Rebecca had left a year ago, when she accidentally hit the Captain in her Titan form. No one had seen her since. Only Armin had seen her once. On an expedition she saved his life, saving him from a seventeen meter titan.

Armin had been eternally grateful, as was Jean. After that, Rebecca had disappeared again. Leaving no trace to follow. "Don't worry." Mikasa said. Eren nodded again and sat up. "I'll be going, Armin will need me. See ya later." He kissed her and took off.

~

Levi yawned. Erwin chuckled from the door. "Sleep alright?" He asked. Levi nodded his head slowly. "What are you doing out of bed this early?" Levi asked. Erwin smiled and walked to him. "Armin wants to go look for Rebecca with a small party." Levi perked up and sat next to his lover. "Why?" He asked. "Ask Armin, he's the Commander, not me." Erwin laid back on the bed and closed his eyes. Levi scowled and slapped the man on his knee. "See you later then."  

~

"Are you sure?" Levi asked Armin once they stood on the Wall. Levi was still Captain, even though Erwin was retired. But he mostly only recruited the new kids and that stuff, keeping the base cleaned. Armin nodded. "Yeah, she should come back to us." He turned to his right hand man, Eren, and signaled him to go on with the expedition. Eren nodded and jumped off the Wall where the other's where waiting.

Armin and Levi followed. Levi looked over the people they took with. Jean and Armin where a pair. Eren and Mikasa. Connie and Sasha, Krista and Ymir. Then Levi went with Petra. "Let's go." Armin said and jumped on his horse. He rode through the gate and into the open fields. 

No Titans were seen the first few hours of the trip. But once it grew close to noon the Titan's started appearing and battle was necessary. Armin was hanging back, he was the Commander after all, so Levi took his chance to fight some Titans. Which he hadn't done in a year or two. 

He flew up to the Titan that was a seven meter and sliced his neck. The remains falling beside Armin's horse, which danced aside to not get hit. Armin looked over the battle field and sighed, no sight of Rebecca this time. "Let's set up camp in the trees over there." He said to Connie, who came riding next to him. 

Connie nodded and steered his horse in that direction to survey the forest. After a few minutes of dodging Titan remains Armin heard a whistle and he signaled everyone to move to the trees. Levi killed once last Titan and joined them. They fled into the trees and made up camp.

Armin rested himself against the tree bark and sighed. Jean joined him, giving him a soft peck on the lips. "You alright?" He asked. Armin nodded. "Just tired." He said. Jean smiled and sat in front of him on the tick branch. "What do you think where going to do if we don't find her?" He asked softly. Armin opened his closed eyes and looked at his boyfriend.

"See the ocean of course." Jean blushed as he saw a bit of Armin's innocent self come back through those words. "Don't worry, Jean. We'll definitely find her." Armin said as he pulled Jean to him. In the last five years Armin had grown a lot and he was almost taller than Jean now. Jean nestled himself against his lover and kissed him softly.

"Sorry to disturb but I found something." Levi said from the other side of the tree. Armin let go of Jean and stood up. "Captain, what did you find then?" Armin asked. Levi motioned for him to follow and Armin left Jean on the branch. 

~

Levi showed Armin a treehouse. It wasn't all that big, small enough to fit one person. It looked pretty descent. It had a door and a few windows and was at least 20 meters into the trees. It was made of red wood and a few plants grew on the side of the house. 

Armin made his way over to the house and knocked on the door. No answer came. "Hello?" He said as he opened the door. From the corner of the room he could see something moved. He slowly walked to it, Levi on his heels. It was a blanket with something under it. Armin lifted it and gasped. 

Under the blanket sat a little girl. She looked scared but also determined. Armin dropped the blanket out of shock on her head again. The girl moved it off of herself. Levi came to stand next to Armin and looked at the girl. She had short ash blond hair and one sparkling blue eye. The other was covered under a bandage. 

"Hello." Levi said, kneeling in front of the child. She got on her hands and knees and stuck her head out to sniff Levi. The Captain looked slightly worried but stuck his hand out for her to sniff. "Who are you?" The girl then asked. "Were the Survey Corps and we came looking for a woman that looks like you." Levi said. 

The girl smiled and stood. "Your looking for Mommy." She said. Armin blushed and sat down on the floor. "Where is your mommy?" He asked the girl. "Mommy is fighting Titan's outside to save me and protect me." The girl answered. "My name is Freed, nice to meet you." The girl, Freed, said. "Why are you bandaged?" Levi asked. "Mommy says it's to protect my eye." The girl said. Levi nodded and asked, "Can I take a look?" The girl nodded and removed her bandage. 

Levi opened her eye and looked at it. Her eye was bright green and had a cross in the middle of it. It seemed very special. "Would you like to come with us inside the walls?" Levi asked. The girl nodded her head. 

The door flew open and another person walked in. This time the two men in the room froze. Rebecca was standing before them. She looked pissed. "What are you doing here. You know it's dangerous, and leave Freed alone." She said. 

Levi walked towards her and suddenly hugged her. Rebecca stilled. "Eh, Captain. Why are you hugging me?" Levi let go and said, "Come home to us, please." Rebecca's eyes filled with tears. "I can't, I hurt you." She said. Levi shook his head. "No, you didn't." He said. He hugged her again and she cried in his chest. 

Freed was looking at them weirdly. Rebecca saw and let go of Levi. "Would you like to see the Walls Freed?" She asked her daughter. Freed nodded her head and walked to her mother. "How do we get there Mommy?" She asked. "We run free." Rebecca said and walked outside. Levi and Armin followed her. A crack of thunder sounded and Rebecca Titan was there once again. 

Armin smiled. He followed the Titan home, signalling his friends to retreat back into the Walls. They had a long way to go before they could make the world theirs again and win from the Titan's. But if it ever happened, he would be glad and hoped he would reincarnate or something. 

"Mister, come." Freed said with a smile. She held out her hand and he took it. "Thank you for taking Mommy back to her home." Freed said. Armin smiled and hugged the girl. 

"No, thank you." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Eren?" 

"Yes, Armin." 

"Do you still have a crush on Levi?" 

"The asshole doesn't like me though..." 

L and E, The Singers Of No Name

~

Hey everybody! This was the last chapter, hope you enjoyed. 

So to clarify. They all lived their lives happily till they died and then they got reborn years later. So if you read my other story you will know what that ending means. This story actually continues into my other Attack On Titan story. So read that. Have fun and goodbye!

~Rebecca and Freed