Shit Happens

Levi was cold, even though Erwin was sleeping next to him he was still cold. He turned around under the covers and sat up. He glanced at Erwin's sleeping face and then stood up. He shivered when he left the warmth of the bed. He dressed himself, even though it was two in the morning and stepped outside into the cracking snow. 

He breathed out clouds of air and watched as they disappeared into the black of night. He felt a presence next to him and looked at Jean. "Why are you out of bed?" Levi asked the injured. Jean glared at the shorter man and said, "I'm not some invalid, you know." He smiled at Levi. 

Levi looked at the falling snow in front of him, it seemed peaceful. "Corporal, can I ask you a question?" Jean said. "You just did, Brat." Levi said. Jean smiled. "Who do I remind you of?" Jean already knew, but he wanted Levi to tell him to. Levi stilled. 

"You don't have to tell me

"You don't have to tell me." Jean said quickly. "No, it's fine." Levi said. He sighed once and said, "You remind me of a person named Farlan, he died long ago." Jean stayed silent. But then he spoke up, "Do you mind it, that I remind you of him?" Levi snapped his head in Jean's direction. 

His eyes were wide with unbelief. "What no! Of course not. Why should I, you are a different person, even though you may resemble him, you are not him. So it does not bother me." Levi said. Jean snickered at his reaction. Levi glared at him and he shut up quickly. "Corporal, do you like the snow?" 

Levi nodded. "Yeah, it's peaceful and clean, as long as it doesn't touch the ground." Jean burst out laughing at that statement. "That is just like you, Corporal." He said. Levi smirked a bit. Jean was right. That was just like him. 

Jean sighed. Levi glanced at him. He looked tired. "You should get back inside." Levi said to him. Jean looked down on him and nodded. He turned at left the scene. Levi looked at him go and decided to go, too. He opened the back door and warmth flew onto him. 

He stepped inside and inhaled the warm air. He walked back up stairs and opened the door of his room. "Where did you go?" He looked up to see Erwin sit up in bed. "Outside."  Levi answered shortly. 

He walked to the bed and closed the window. "I was cold." He said. Erwin frowned. "And then you go outside?" He questioned. Levi smirked. He nodded and sat on the bed. Erwin hugged him from behind. 

"Are you okay?" Erwin asked. Levi nodded and leaned into the warmth of his body. They sat like that for a few minutes until Erwin felt Levi relax and knew he had fallen asleep. He covered the smaller man and kissed him gently. 

"Goodnight, Levi." 

~

A few weeks later they had winter training. Levi was with the cadets training by the edge of the forest. He counted heads. Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Sasha, Connie, Krista and Ymir. They were paired up in two and doing basic hand to hand combat. 

Levi watched them all carefully. He wanted everybody to do their best and he also watched if they didn't injure themselves. Jean was with them so they were extra careful with him. "Alright everybody. Time for the next training." Levi said and they all stopped.