watch everybody kneel and pray

5

HEAVEN

angels scurried past each other in all directions. from his seat at the top of the stairs, jin can see only the movement of the crowd and not their scared faces, but still it worries him.
jin turns to the lord beside him and opens his mouth to speak, but is cut off.
"i can tell by your furrowed brow what you are going to say," he starts, his voice somber but still gentle, "no one will feel at ease until jimin returns."
jin nods and his gaze drops to his feet.
"isn't there anything we can do, hoseok?"
the lord sighs, and a weight presses on jin's chest with knowing even before he speaks.
"hell is the only place away from me, i cannot go. another angel would be weakened by the lack of my presence and unable to return."
jin looks to the side, away from hoseok, and nods, saying nothing.
hoseok stands from their seat at the top of the steps and places a hand on jin's shoulder, "have faith," he smiles. hoseok begins making his way down the tall golden steps and jin stands behind him to follow.
the crowd at the bottom stops all movement and looks to him, anticipation running in their veins.
the crowd of angels expects an announcement, but the lord reaches out his hands and instead says, "let us pray."