do you feel the burn from my touch?

10

HELL

two days before their set escape date, yoongi sits with his back against the wall and jimin's head resting in his lap.
he runs his fingers through jimin's hair, jimin sighing at the touch.

"my hands don't hurt you do they?" yoongi breaks the silence, worried about burning jimin's skin.
jimin shakes his head 'no,' snuggling farther into yoongi's lap.
"just warm," jimin mumbles. he's been so tired lately, and even weaker than before. his limbs rest limp around him; they feel almost too heavy for him to move them on his own.

yoongi sighs at jimin's rundown appearance. he wants noting more than to take him from this place, but if they leave early, yoongi will be caught.
he hasn't told jimin, but the crime of associating with an angel is punishable by eternal fire, damning him to burn for the rest of eternity. 

yoongi forces himself to stop thinking of his potential consequences, instead focusing back on the tired boy resting on top of him.
jimin's hand faintly grips on to the hem of yoongi's shirt, the small tug bringing a smile to yoongi's face.
"tell me about your life on earth," yoongi says quietly, his hand moving from jimin's hair to rub soothing circles on his back, just below where his wings are attached to his shoulder blades.
jimin hums, forcing his shaky elbows to push himself up so that he can rest his head on yoongi's shoulder instead of his lap.
"i had a happy life," he sighs, "loving parents and a few close friends. i didn't have to worry much about anything other than school work."
"did you go to college?"
jimin nods, "i was enrolled in school when i died."
yoongi's circles slow to a stop, jimin's eyes fluttering closed as they bask in the silence.
"do you miss your family?" yoongi asks quietly, almost afraid to ruin the silence that surrounds them.
jimin shrugs, "sometimes. i watch over them when i can, and i know they'll join me someday."

jimin's head tilts so that his eyes meet yoongi's.
"what about you? do you miss your family?"
yoongi pauses before answering.
"no. i don't."
jimin's eyebrows pull down in confusion, but he doesn't ask.
yoongi sighs at the curiosity in his eyes; he might as well tell him.
"i... didn't have much of a family. my father left when he found out my mom was pregnant with me, and my mom died when i was young."
jimin brings a weak hand up to yoongi's cheek, using his thumb to gently stroke the skin.
"i'm sorry."
"don't be, it's not your fault."
"i'm still sorry, you deserve more than that."
yoongi's chest aches at the warm look in jimin's eyes; pure caring is something he hasn't seen in over a lifetime.

yoongi leans down gently, brushing his lips across jimin's. his neck strains at the angle, but he pays it no mind.
it's jimin who finally brings their lips together, their eyes fluttering closed.
warmth spreads through jimin like electricity running through his veins, shocks of the soothing temperature relaxing all the muscles he didn't know were tensed.
yoongi's tongue swipes over jimin's bottom lip and the younger boy parts his own slightly.
they continue for another moment, tongue-in-cheek and lips moving in sync, before they are forced apart for air.
jimin's breath fans across yoongi's lips, and yoongi returns to making circles on his back with the hand that still rests there.

jimin rests his head back on yoongi's shoulder, but yoongi's gaze does not move, remaining on the soft features of the angel he's become so accustomed to.

a sudden thought comes to yoongi;
he wouldn't mind the eternal fire if it meant jimin was safe.