i know i don't seem quite the same

8

HELL

yoongi greets taehyung at the door with a wave. taehyung waves back with a smile, hopping up the steps to join him at the door.
yoongi attempts to leave, but before he can take more than a step, taehyung stops him with a question.
"you're coming tonight, right hyung? jeongguk said you were."
yoongi cocks a brow at that, unsure of what he's talking about. his confusion must have been easy to read because taehyung quickly jumps in with an explanation.
"namjoon hyung is having a party."
yoongi sighs, "of course he is."
taehyung chuckles at yoongi's response, his eyes crinkling at the corners.
"i guess i'll stop by for a bit," yoongi says, regardless of the fact that he really doesn't want to go.
"ah, great!" taehyung says, smile spreading over his face, "it'll be fun!"
yoongi nods and they exchange 'see-you-laters' before he takes off in the direction of his apartment.

.

yoongi stares at himself in his full body mirror and ruffles his bangs where they rest on his forehead, his black hair slightly curled and parted down the middle. his shirt is a dark red, almost maroon, short-sleeved button up that he's left open at the top to reveal a bit of his chest.
the watch on his wrist reads 8 o'clock, and he hurries to finish tucking his shirt in to his black ripped jeans before heading toward the entryway to his apartment.
yoongi stops by the front door to slip on his black shoes and grab his keys.
yoongi steps out the door and stretches his wings, the black feathers glinting in the firey haze around him.
he locks his front door and takes to the air, heading in the direction of namjoon's apartment closer to the center of the city.

as if he's flown into a brick wall, yoongi suddenly feels guilty about spending time with his friends while jimin is locked away in a dirty cell. his mind wanders to the red marks on the angels wrists from the chains and the sitting position he is unable to move from.
yoongi shakes his head to remove the images from the forefront of his mind. there's noting he can do about the chains with the prospect of the men returning while he's gone, and yoongi reminds himself of the plan to reassure him that jimin will get better.

almost too quickly, yoongi arrives to namjoon's apartment, and he lands gracefully on the concrete steps in front of the door.
yoongi enters the tall building, and makes his way down the hall to namjoon's door.
as he stands in front of the only thing separating him from the people inside, he can hear the loud music and voices that spill into the hallway. yoongi would be worried about receiving a noise complaint if he didn't have confidence that all of namjoon's neighbors were already inside.
yoongi takes a deep breath before turning the handle and stepping inside. immediately, the once muffled noises that he could hear through the door envelop him in a cocoon of chest vibrating bass and the laughter of people he doesn't know.
yoongi closes the door behind him, and forces himself to hide his unease as he steps farther into the apartment in search of the people that he knows.

he finds them in the kitchen; namjoon holding a red plastic cup full of what yoongi presumes to be alcohol, and jeongguk holding a possessive grip around taehyung's waist.
"hyung!" taehyung smiles, momentarily turning his attention from namjoon's story when he walks in.
namjoon smiles and claps an arm around around yoongi's shoulders, earning a frown from the elder.
"there you are! fashionably late as always," namjoon smiles.
"too early if you asked me," yoongi scoffs and namjoon chuckles.
yoongi brushes namjoon's arm off of his shoulders and directs his attention to the couple in front of them.
"hey hyung," jeongguk starts, "i'd introduce you, but tae tells me that you've already met."
yoongi nods, only slightly caught up on the use of a nickname. jeongguk was never one to keep someone around, let alone long enough to give them a nickname.

"jeongguk," yoongi starts and jeongguk groans, his head falling back.
namjoon chuckles from beside him, and a smirk falls on yoongi's lips at the slight blush on jeongguk's cheeks.
taehyung's eyebrows furrow slightly in confusion as he looks between yoongi and the boy attached to his hip.
"our youngest has finally grown, huh?" yoongi asks namjoon, his smirk still ever so present.
jeongguk rolls his eyes at them, muttering something about how he was never a baby.
yoongi laughs and the others join in, the conversation moving on to some story namjoon insists on telling.
yoongi tunes him out, he's already heard all of namjoon's stories more than a few times, and he doesn't feel like reliving 'the cabbage incident' that namjoon is telling them of now.

yoongi's gaze shifts across the room, taking in the faces of strangers and a few that he recognizes.
until he comes to a face he wishes he didn't recognize.
standing by the dining table is the taller of the two kidnappers, red cup in hand and a smile on his face. if yoongi didn't know better, he would think the man was just like any other person damned to hell, but with the memory of the bruises on jimin's skin, he feels the urge to punch the smile right off his face.

"that's lee hyuntae, do you know him hyung?"
yoongi's attention is broken by namjoon's question, and he blinks for a second before shaking his head 'no.'
"you should go talk to him! break out of your shell," namjoon exclaims. yoongi immediately shakes his head with vigor, speaking with hyuntae is the last thing he wants to do.
"yeah hyung! you've been acting odd lately, making a new friend will do you some good," jeongguk adds.
yoongi turns to him at this, his eyebrows pulled down in confusion.
"odd?"
"i dunno," jeongguk shrugs, "just distant."
yoongi frowns, shaking his head again, "i'm not interested."
namjoon shrugs and takes a sip of his drink, "suit yourself, jeongguks right though, you have been acting different lately."
yoongi looks back and forth between namjoon and jeongguk, unsure of what to say.
"just been tired i guess."
namjoon frowns and shares a worried glance with jeongguk.
"you know you can talk to us right? if something's up?"
"of course i know that," yoongi scoffs, "but nothings going on."
namjoon searches yoongi's face one last time before putting on a smile, "well enough of that, the night is still young and there's plenty of alcohol, you better drink some so it doesn't go to waste,"
"oh, certainly," yoongi chuckles.
namjoon laughs and they clink plastic cups, yoongi's mind preoccupied with thoughts of jimin.