Chapter 5: Worthiness

Y/N's POV
——————
After getting Mr. Washijo's approval, I turned to the 5 boy's. I bowed, "Semi-senpai, Goshiki-kun, please join my team~!" "O-of course, Y/N-chan!" Goshiki said, determined, and quite pleased. Semi-senpai just smirked and walked up to me along with Goshiki-kun.
-
Time Skip because Mo-chan is quite bad at describing volleyball moves and is pretty lazy
-
After the match, our team was finally able to win, 10-9! I was able to receive more than half of the balls spiked towards me! I went over to Semi and Goshiki and gave them high fives. "Yay! Thank you guys, so much!" I cheered. "Y/N-san!" Mr. Washijo shouted. Wait, if he's shouting does this mean he's mad? Oh no, he'll probably kick me out because I didn't meet my full potential. "Y-yes sir?" I stuttered. He smirked, "welcome to Shiratorizawa Academy's boy's volleyball team." I instantly smiled and bowed, "thank you so much! I won't disappoint you!" I straightened my back and looked back at the team, "I look forward to working with you all! Please take care of me as I take care of you all!" "Ready, and..!" Tendo shouted, "welcome to the team," the ENTIRE team shouted in unison while bowing. I laughed, "thank you!" "Alright alright, back to practice! Y/N-san, feel free to take some notes." Mr. Washijo stated. Everyone went back to focusing on practicing, so I went back to my bag to grab my clipboard, my notebook, and a mechanical pencil. I'm going to ask the team members individually for their strengths and weaknesses. After that, I'll ask Mr. Washijo for the team's overall strengths and weaknesses. Hmm.. who will be my first victim. Maybe I should go by jersey number, that's very organized. I wrote out a format on my notebook and put it on my clipboard. Hopefully Ushijima-senpai won't be mad I interrupt his training, I'll just warn the team ahead of time. I walked towards the bleachers and stepped up on the first step. I took a deep breath and clapped my hands really loudly three times. "Boys!" I shouted, gaining everyone's attention, "I will be calling and asking everyone some questions so that I could help you! I'll be doing it by jersey number so please keep your ears open! First up, Ushijima-senpai!" I repeated the process as each boy came up. I got all of the team members' personal strengths and weaknesses. I smiled, satisfied, and walked towards Mr. Washijo. "Sir? I was wondering if I could ask you for the teams' overall strengths and weaknesses." I asked. "Of course, sit down." I did as instructed and waited for a response. "The players have many strengths individually. So when they play together, they tend to try to play the game themselves. Sometimes, they're super dependent on Ushijima. But, they've learned to work together, quite well actually. So in summary, their weakness is being dependent on one person, either themselves or Ushijima and their strength is being able to use their individual strengths together." I nod as I write it down. "Got it, thank you!" After gaining some information, I put my clipboard away and went back to the chair next to Mr. Washijo. I turned the page in my notebook and organized the paper by player to write down my observations of them.
-
Time skip
-
Practice was now near it's end. I wanted to go home early so I could do the homework I've received. I stood on my chair and clapped my hands, "everyone! Practice will be ending in three minutes! Please take off your bibs and put them in a pile next to the chair I'm standing on! Thank you!" Once I got off, I sat in the chair waiting for the team to finish. After the three minutes, the team started to clean up and occasionally drop off their bib. When they did, I folded them and placed them in a basket. Once I got all the bibs, I headed to what I thought was the storage room. I looked up at the shelves and found the empty space labeled, 'bibs!' There was one problem though.. I'm.. too short. There was no ladder, chair, or stool in the storage room so I have no choice but to ask for help. I peaked out of the storage room and gazed the volleyball court. "Tendo-senpai! Can I have some help? I'm afraid I'm a little too short to put the bibs away." I asked. "Why of course our cute little manager~" Tendo replied. He jogged over to the storage room and put the bin of bibs away. "Thank you so much!" "Anytime! Next time you need help with anything regarding height, don't be afraid to ask me for help~ Speaking of help, I wouldn't want you to walk home alone, want me to walk with you?" "I'd like that! But only if I'm on your way home, I wouldn't want to trouble you. Let me notify my brother!" "Ok~" Tendo walked away to continue cleaning up the court. I went towards my bag and grabbed my phone. 3 missed calls and 24 unread messages. All from Tobio, typical. Apparently, he got home an hour ago because of a reason he won't tell me until I'm home. I pressed the messaging app and wrote, 'Hey Tobio! The first day of school was great for me! How was yours? You don't have to pick me up, a senpai of mine has offered to walk me home! Nice of him right~ See you soon! I'll buy you milk and meat buns~' As I was putting my phone away, he replied. I chuckled, of course he replied instantly. He has a ringtone for me specifically, he usually ignores his phone. He replied, 'my day could've gone better. I'll tell you when you get home. Stay safe and I'll pay you back.' I smiled and put my phone away. "Tendo-senpai! I'm going to change
back into my uniform, please wait for me outside the school's front entrance!" I stated. "Got it~" Tendo replied. "EHHHH?" Some members yelled. As soon as I got a reply from him, I put on my indoor shoes and picked up my bag and headed to the girl's bathroom. I changed back into my uniform in the stall and put my hair back in its original style. I'd put back on my school shoes once I'm outside. I walked back into the gym to do some last minute cleaning with my bag hung around my shoulder. As members walked out, I told them my goodbyes and to stay safe. Mr. Washijo handed me the keys to lock up the gym earlier this practice. I checked all storage room to make sure no one was still here. I went to the boy's bathroom and knocked on the door. "Hello? I need to lock up the gym, anyone there?" I asked. No response. Good! I then turned off the lights and went out to lock the gym. I safely put the keys in a pocket in my bag. As I sat at the steps in front of the gym, I changed my shoes. I stood up and patted down my skirt. I rushed to the entrance, hating to make Tendo-senpai wait. Once I spotted the red head, I smiled. "Sorry to make you wait, senpai~" "It's fine~ Shall we?" He offered his hand. "I'll take your bag~" I giggled as I gave him my bag, "we shall, and once again, thank you." "Anytime~" We both smiled at each other, "lead the way manager-chan!"
-
Author's note
Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. Thank you guys so so SO much for understanding my traveling craziness and my mental health. For those who haven't seen my announcement posts, I made two announcements about not being able to post. As stated before, they were because I was traveling and because I wasn't feeling too great about myself. Thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter! See you tomorrow! 💗