Chapter 18: Long Time No See

Y/N's POV (unedited)

-

Although we had a few bumps on the road, and by bumps I mean Hinata throwing up all over a second year who's name I discovered was Tanaka's pants, I was able to learn a few things from Tobio. Apparently, Karasuno had no ace or libero at the moment. I doubt this will last long but I can't help but wonder how they'll do against Aoba Johsai.

I was currently walking behind a group which consisted of Tobio, Tanaka, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi. Faintly, I was able to hear a conversation happening on the other side of the building, "..he's got a shaved head, mean eyes, and he looks kind of dumb." I smirk while Tanaka suddenly stops and peeks out of the corner menacingly. The rest of the group and I proceed to walk when Tanaka does and stop in front of two people, one being Kindaichi.

Tanaka turns to the tan haired male, "I wouldn't mock my team too much.." Tanaka throws an evil glare their way, "we'll tear you apart." The two teammates stare in fear. Tsukishima's eyes glisten in a playful manner, "come on, don't intimidate them like that Tanaka-san.." Tsukishima smirks, "look at them. You're scaring the poor, elite players." I look away and put my hand over my mouth to contain my laughter.

Kindaichi stutters, "w-we're not scared of you!" Tanaka throws a scary look at the poor boys, "yeah you've got a point. I really should save the bullying for the game." Suddenly, Daichi pops up from behind us with Sugawara in pursuit, "hey you guys!" I pretend to go on my phone while Tsukishima drops the act and walks away, letting Tanaka get scolded. "I only took my eyes off you for a second!" Daichi grabs Tanaka's head and forces him to bow along with him, "we're so sorry!"

"That's ok.." the tan haired individual says hesitantly. Tanaka struggles against Daichi's hold to look back up and make another scary face, but Daichi catches on, "Tanaka, stop making that face!" Daichi, Tanaka, Sugawara, and Yamaguchi back up leaving Tobio and I to walk by ourselves past the two boys.

Kindaichi looks at Tobio, "long time no see, King." He then looks down at me and smirks, "sup shortie." I stay silent while stopping beside Tobio, waiting for him to continue. He looks back at Tobio, "I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of dictatorship you're running." Tanaka rolls up his sleeve as if he was going to attack the turnip head. Daichi stops Tanaka and the three of us turn to Tobio, waiting for his response. Tobio goes from looking at the ground to looking straight into Kindaichi's eyes, "yeah." Kindaichi and his teammate look at Tobio confused. Tobio walks off and I smirk, "see you on the court turnip boy~." I follow after Tobio and pat his back, offering a small smile, "good job." Tobio simply nods.

The two of us along with the rest of the team walk into the gym, staring at the other team warming up. They had significantly more members than Karasuno. I turn over to the shaking tangerine, "i-it's huge.. the gym is huge, the players are huge.." I chuckle and go to give him some advice before being interrupted by Daichi, "greet!" The entire teams bows, "thank you for the game!" I look at them before awkwardly bowing along with a delayed reaction.  Aoba Johsai bows back, "thank you for the game!"

We all stand back up and Daichi speaks to the team, "every Aoba Johsai player has above average defensive and offensive skills. Their guys can compete for ace no matter where they go." Sugawara stands next to Daichi at the front, "they're also known for their power blocking." Tanaka joins them, "what's wrong with you guys? We have Hinata to shake things up, right?" Poor Hinata was shaking frantically. Tanaka places a hand in his shoulder, "I already know how much you suck, so I'll be there to cover you."

I then tune them out and stare at Aoba Johsai's third years. I turn to Tobio for permission. He just shrugs and looks back at the court. I turn to Daichi and he quirks his eyebrow. "Can I talk to some old friends?" Daichi just smiles, "of course, that's why you're here right? Just try not to get hit by any balls on the way." I smile back and turning to the court once again. I take a deep breath and walk towards my three ex-upperclassmen.

-
Author's Note
hey guys! it's been awhile! no satori in this chapter ): but apparently in the manga, it said that tobio's grandpa went to shiratorizawa which makes it a lot sadder that he didn't get in. i also went back and it turns out that i started this book in 2018! crazy right? our 2 year anniversary is creeping upon us! june 27th! i'll either post another special chapter (like i did for our 1 year anniversary) focused around yours and satori's relationship, or i'll just post a normal chapter. let me know what you guys want! other than that, the next chapter is already in the works! and another thank you for all the endless support (: that's all i've really gotta say, have a great rest of your quarantine, stay safe, and mo-chan out!