04|BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG

FOUR

FOUR

BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG

TODAY WAS THE DAY Valentina had been dreading. Her former schools would finally be arriving at Hogwarts for the upcoming Tournament and all Valentina could do was groan.

Sitting in her usual spot, once again the Weasley Twins sat down beside her completely ignoring her wishes for them to leave her alone.

"I'm sure I've told you multiple times to fuck off," Valentina said, however instead of the usual witty comeback she would receive she was given a small look before the boys turned to each other and spoke in hushed whispers, completely ignoring the girl.

"What are you two gossiping about?" Valentina asked, intrigued by the conversation that seemed more important than her.

"Nothing you would be concerned about," Fred replied coldly.

"Probably not," Valentina agreed, "but I would really like to know. I've been told I'm a great listener."

"Ok then, at the Quidditch World Cup we made a bet with Ludo Bagman and we won it," said George gloomily.

"If you won then why the sad faces?" quizzed Valentina.

Fred answered, "He paid us with leprechaun money—"

"—and he hasn't paid you back the real money and keeps ignoring you, ok," Valentina finished for him.

"Yeah," said Fred, confirming what Valentina said was true, "and he refuses to meet with us. We won that money fair and square."

"Well, it isn't really hard to get it back," said Valentina. "That man has a lot of secrets, if you get your fingers dirty I'm sure you can come up with something."

"What a bummer," Fred sighed.

"It's a bummer all right," George said gloomily. "But if he won't talk to us in person, we'll have to send him the letter after all. Or we'll stuff it into his hand, he can't avoid us forever."

"Who's avoiding you?" said Ron, sitting down next to them with Harry and Hermione.

"Wish you would," said Fred, looking irritated with the interruption.

"What's a bummer?" Ron asked George.

"Having a nosy git like you for a brother," said George.

"Have you three got any ideas on the Triwizard Tournament yet?" Harry asked, "Thought any more about trying to enter?"

"I asked McGonagall how the champions are chosen but she wasn't telling," said George bitterly. "She just told me to shut up and get on with Transfiguring my raccoon."

"Wonder what the tasks are going to be?" said Ron thoughtfully. "You know I bet we could do them, Harry, we've done dangerous stuff before ..."

"Not in front of a panel of judges, you haven't," said Valentina. "The champions are getting awarded points according to how well they've done the tasks."