10|THE SECOND TASK

TEN

TEN

THE SECOND TASK

WEEKS HAD PASSED SINCE the Yule Ball and the Second Task was fast approaching. Valentina noticed Potter's struggle to figure out what the task was, still unable to come to terms how people were even supporting him in this trial. She found it strange that even some of the teachers and judges were so eager to constantly help him out, particularly Mad-Eye Moody.

She couldn't place what it was about him that made him seem so strange but what she did know was that something wasn't right. It didn't make sense to her that the Auror was so calm about letting a 14-year-old boy enter one of the deadliest tournaments when the rest of the staff were so concerned for his safety. He seemed to always pop up when Harry needed it and always had a solution.

Valentina's relationship with Cedric had been going well. While, they weren't an official couple they had still managed to see each other when they could, stealing kisses now and again. Whatever they were, Valentina didn't mind. She enjoyed the escape that Cedric gave her. Whenever she was with him she finally felt herself relax and ignore the world around her and channel it into them. However, despite all the good memories they've already created together, she couldn't escape the fact that she was keeping a lot from him.

She didn't know how to possibly tell him everything about her, good and bad. Especially the bad. While she trusted him completely she couldn't trust how he would react and she wasn't ready to lose him to a couple lies yet.

"Hi," Cedric said, placing his hands on either side of Valentina's cheeks and kissing her lips, dragging her from her thoughts.

"Hi to you too," Valentina smiled, when they pulled away.

They stood together in the courtyard, students and teachers passing by while they moved to a nearby bench.

"Thought I should see you before the big day tomorrow," said Cedric as they sat down.

"You know, I was planning to see you before you started," she said.

"Well the more time I get to spend with you the better," Cedric grinned.

"How are you feeling about tomorrow?" She asked him.

"I'm going to be fine don't worry," Cedric assured her.

"I know you'll be fine," Valentina said, "but that doesn't mean you can't be nervous."

"I'm a little stressed," Cedric admitted. "Holding my breath underwater for an hour retrieving something I don't know is scary but with your help, I have perfected the bubble charm and I know I will do amazing."

"Ok," Valentina replied before they kissed again.

They spoke for a little longer before realising that it was starting to get late. After saying goodbye to Cedric and giving him one last kiss they went their separate ways and headed back to their respective common rooms.