07|THE FIRST TASK

SEVEN

SEVEN

THE FIRST TASK

THE NEXT SUNDAY MORNING Valentina woke at her usual hour (despite her outing with Fred) and decided she would go for a walk around the grounds. While walking along the Black Lake close to the Durmstrang ship, Valentina noticed a familiar figure leaving the ship and walking towards the castle.

"Viktor!" She called out to her friend. He turned his head and smiled and the two walked towards each other embracing one another in an overdue hug.

"Valentina," Viktor said as he squeezed her. "Iz been a vhile."

"It has," Valentina agreed, "I guess we've both been busy with our time at Hogwarts."

"Very, but it is still no excuse," he said to her as they pulled out of their hug. "I've mizzed you."

"I've missed you too," she said. "I see you're Durmstrang Champion. Are you ready for the first task?"

"I have a ztrategy. The firzt tazk zhould be eazy though," he boasted.

"Yes, I always knew you could beat a dragon," she smirked.

"How did you know about ze dragonz?" He questioned her to which she simply replied, "I know almost everything."

He let out a chuckle, "That iz true."

"But, what I don't know is where you were going," she told him.

"I waz on ze vay to ze library," he smiled.

"The library?" She questioned him. "Since when did you go to the library?"

"Zince I came to Hogwartz. It iz changing me," He replied.

"Or someone is changing you," she smiled. "Who is it?"

"There iz no one," he tried convincing her but the young Lestrange wasn't having any of it. "Alright. If you're going to be like that I suppose I'll just have to come to see for myself."

Viktor let out a huff, knowing well that there was no changing his best friend's mind trailing behind her figure as she already started making a path back towards the castle.

Once they had reached the library, Valentina allowed Viktor to walk in first and grab what he needed before he walked over to the corner and slumped in. She noticed that on his way to the corner he cast a surly look over at Harry Potter and Hermione Granger who she assumed were up to no good once again when she put two and two together.

"Hermione Granger?!" She harshly whispered at her friend, joining him in the corner on one of the spare seats. "Why on Merlin's beard would you like her?"

"I never zaid I liked her," Viktor attempted to defend himself.

"You didn't have to. I know you Viktor. You like smart girls, but apparently annoying ones too," she narrowed her eyes at him. Viktor kept silent and decided to ignore her making Valentina let out an annoyed sigh.