11|THE TRUTH

ELEVEN

ELEVEN

THE TRUTH

THE AFTERMATH OF THE Second Task had the whole school buzzing. Ron Weasley had managed to talk complete and utter bullshit of what happened with the hostages, changing the story every time until Valentina took it upon herself to tell him to shut the fuck up. Cedric and Valentina had been hanging out a lot more and there was a lot of speculation if they were a real couple from many of the students.

To most, they did seem very unlikely to be together. Cedric was the school's golden boy. He was kind, loyal, and very attractive whereas Valentina, while also attractive she was known as the 'Ice Queen'. While Cedric knew that she could be rude to those she wasn't close with, he still understood her. He felt that with her it was different and the world around them simply dissolved, fading away until it was just them, and Valentina felt the same.

They still, however, weren't an official couple and neither of them were bothered by this, but they were still unsure of who and when they should make the next move. They both enjoyed whatever it was that they had now and didn't want to ruin it by saying or doing something wrong. Rita Skeeter didn't exactly improve their situation either.

"Valentina!" Draco had shouted her in the hallways, one Friday afternoon as she was headed to their double Potions class.

"Come to give me another lecture?" Valentina asked snakily. They hadn't spoken since their last conversation in the hallways and things between them had been tense ever since.

Of course, growing up the pair had fought. Despite already being cousins, they treated each other like brother and sister, however, since attending the same school, it had really damaged their relationship.

"I just thought you might have wanted to see this," Draco hands Valentina a magazine labelled Witch Weekly.

"I don't have time for this shit, Draco," Valentina pushes the magazine back into his chest, "We have a class to attend."

"I promise you will be very interested in one of these particular articles," Draco says handing the magazine back to her. Valentina hesitantly takes the magazine, eyeing him.

She flicked through a couple of pages before finding the article he was talking about.

Harry Potter's Secret Heartache

A boy like no other, perhaps — yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen year old Harry Potter thought that he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggle-born Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss.

Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum, Bulgarian Seeker and hero of the last Quidditch World Cup, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to stay with him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays and insists that he has "never felt this way about any other girl."