12|MEMORIES

TWELVE

TWELVE

MEMORIES

AFTER VALENTINA TOLD CEDRIC everything he refused to speak to her. He promised to keep her secret but told her he needed some time away from her to process everything. However, it was the start of the summer term and he had still been avoiding her.

Valentina could completely understand why he wouldn't talk to her. She had told him some things that even make her want to run away but it only proved her point further. Not all secrets were meant to be shared, no matter how much you think the other person cares about you.

To pass the time Valentina had been keeping a closer eye on Harry. She was still yet to have a proper conversation outside of the classroom walls with him but that didn't stop her from finding everything out about him and keeping on track with her task.

Valentina hadn't been getting much sleep either. Nightmares of what may happen in the final task in the tournament had been plaguing her mind, dragging her calm peaceful mind into chaos and confusion.

The dream was always the same. Cedric and Harry grab the winning cup together but rather than appearing in front of a crowd full of cheering students and proud parents they stand in a graveyard. Moments go by before a figure appears, murmuring something before a flash of green light is aimed at Cedric and he lies on the floor as still as a statue. Unmoving and dead.

Valentina woke up from her dream in a ball of sweat every time.

What the dream meant, she wasn't sure. As far as she knew it stemmed from her fears about Cedric and the more she kept dreaming about it the more she wished he was here to take it away.

It didn't help that she had no one to talk to either. She shut herself away from everyone. Nobody stood a chance in being able to get some sort of communication from her. Even Fred had given up trying. Of course, she had Draco but their relationship had been rocky since her arrival at Hogwarts, especially from when she started spending time with Cedric.

She arrived in the North Tower for her divination class on Monday afternoon. The dimly lit room was sweltering hot. The fumes from the perfume were heavier than ever. "Someone should open a window,"  Valentina thought to herself, taking her seat towards the back.

"My dears," said Professor Trelawney, sitting down in her winged armchair in front of the class and peering around at them with her strangely enlarged eyes, "we have almost finished our work on planetary divination. Today, however, will be an excellent opportunity to examine the effects of Mars, for he is placed most interestingly at the present time. If you will all look this way, I will dim the lights..."

She waved her hand and the lamps went out. The fire was the only source of light now. Professor Trelawney bent down and lifted, from under her chair, a miniature model of a solar system, contained within a glass dome. It was a beautiful thing; each of the moons glimmered in place around the nine planets and the fiery sun, all of them hanging in air beneath the glass. Valentina watched Harry as the fumes washed over him, eventually his eyes beginning to droop before he fell to the floor clutching his scar.