Chapter 1

Hello! :p
Welcome to Her Bloody Heart! I'm honestly excited about writing this story! A vampire queen who loves power and a human girl as feisty as a lion. I love these characters and I can't wait for you all to fall in love with them as well as I am.
I hope you enjoy the story, blood thirsty readers!
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Edited 7/08/2019

"Once upon a time, a little princess was born to the king and queen. This princess was named Tamara." I say, caressing my sister's hair. "Tamara was very special, she was able to talk to animals." My eyes scan over my little sister, taking in her wide childlike eyes slowly closing.

"Kai can I talk to aniwals?" She mutters sleepily. I smile down at her, Tamara's blue doe eyes shutting. My mother's eyes.

"Sweet dreams princess." I whisper, kissing her head before grabbing the candle and walking out of her small room. Hoping not to make the door creak so much I shut it half way and head into the small kitchen. I better clean the kitchen up then. Oh right I haven't introduced myself. Silly me, everyone's reading my story yet they don't know my name.

I'm Kaia Fayre-Mable and I live with my younger sister Tamara and my father Harry. My mother however? She had died a few years ago after giving birth to Tamara. It's no help that we have no money to afford the hospital entrance fees or have the proper medicine. But it's okay. She left with a smile and her memories with us.

"Kaia." I turn to the door and smile softly. My father Harry stumbled in, his hardened face wary over time.

"Hey. Saved you some food." I grab the bowl of food and set it out for him, watching as he limps on his bad leg.

My father works for a small fishing company, just driving and cleaning the boats whenever his leg can handle it. "Thank you." I scan over his worn out figure before checking the kitchen window.

I nod my head and wipe down the worn out wood bench top before locking up any other windows. I don't want vampires wondering inside the house while we're sleeping and eat us.

Oh? You said I forgot to mention that part?

Right yes that's right. Vampires are real and they overrun our earth with their dark red eyes and long pointy fangs. I'm glad I haven't been in their bloody hands. Right now I need to focus on going to work, saving for my sister's schooling and getting food on the table to help out my father.

I may not be able to read properly, I may not be intelligent but when I set my mind to it, it comes easily. I need to get ready for work. Quickly I walk towards my bedroom and popped on my uniform and headed for the back door. I didn't need to tell my father I was heading out because he knew the routine. I put Tamara to bed, he comes home and I head out to work until tomorrow morning. And that's, that. My father new better than to forgot and had the duty to look after my sister. No matter how tired he was.

I work at a small bar and restaurant as a bartender and waitress in town. It's a small job with low earnings but the tips are worth it. I smile when I see Caramel wiping down the tables and leaving a flirty smile at the ongoing customers. She's such a flirt but sweet. "Hey hon! Glad you can join us!" She yelled over the loud music.

"Sorry!" I wave a hand dismissively and walk to the bar table and start making drinks for the customers. We have beers, cocktails, bourbon the lot. I smile politely and hand everyone their drink, keeping my eyes on Caramel and the other staff. We have vamps that come and go sometimes but this place is more for the human dwellers. Today was suppose to be the binding ceremony of the peace treaty between Acirema and Ailartsua. Not that it's a big deal for me.