Chapter 15

SURPRISE. I'be updated!!!!!!

Braelynn

She's been avoiding me. For days. It's been 24 hours, 24 minutes and 4 seconds since the last time I saw Kaia. And it wasn't a good reunion.

24 hours, 24 minutes and 4 seconds earlier....

"Here. This is all her food that I've made for her." Riah placed a cup of blood on the silver tray and gave me a small smile.

"She hasn't touched much of her breakfast," I mumble, looking at the bowl of oatmeal, bacon, egg and sausages. "I'm really worried about her. She won't let me in. At night I hear her crying all by herself! And as her mate it's suppose to be my job to comfort her..." god damn it. I'm an emotional vampire queen these last few days. All because I'm a bad mate! Ducking hell.

"Hey," my eyes blurred out as salty tears brimmed in the corners of my eyes. Riah sighed and pulled me into a hug. "It's gonna be okay, trust me. She'll come round," I nod and furiously wipe my eyes, now feeling determined as ever. Kaia is mine and I'm determined to show her that.

"Alright. Prepare some cleaning materials just in case things get messy. Oh and can you get me a list of things that I've missed. I'm the Vampire Queen. It's my duty to the Vampire world as their Queen to make their life easy." Riah smiles softly.

"What about Kaia?" I smirk.

"My mate is gonna be just fine," with that I saunter up the steps and towards the guest room Kaia took over.

I knocked on the door before stepping inside. Good thing we don't believe in locks on doors. Kaia was sitting by the window, glaring at me. Her eyes blood red with exhaustion and sadness. She had been crying again. Guilt almost sucked me whole but I pushed it aside and put the tray on the bed. "Hello dear mate," she ignored me and looked out the window again. "You hungry? Riah made some lunch for you. Your sister even baked some cookies."

Kaias father and little sister have settled in comfortably. Her father is now helping with council stuff as well as the vampire children in the day care in town. Kaias little sister is now enrolled in her first year of school and has made tonnes of friends. But she always cries to me saying she wants to see Kaia but, Kaias been pushing everyone away.

"Come on Kaia, Love. You gotta eat something and come out of this room sometime. Your family is missing you heaps. And I miss you," god I miss her so much. I walk up to her and grab the bowl of strawberries. I reach down to take her hand in mine but she cried out and pushed me away and threw the bowl of strawberries against the wall.

"Don't touch me! Y-You... GO AWAY!" Tears we're now streaming down her face as she cowered against the wall. She's afraid. Of me? Or herself? Signing I rake my hand through my hair.

"I'm coming back after I handle a few things. I love you Kaia," She sniffled and threw the tray at me. It just missed my head by a few feet. I shook my head and left the room, quietly shutting the door.

Present Time ~

"That's it!" I slam my pen down on my desk and push off my desk. I think Kaia has had enough moping around. 

"Braelynn? What are you doing?" Riah asks, holding a bunch of books.

"I'm getting my mate back. She's had enough time to mope and my vampire is getting restless. We need our mate as much as she does us," I didn't give her time to reply as I was already making my way up to Kaia.

She's my mate and she has to accept that. I'm never going to hurt her. Never. I'd rather kill my self if I ever lay a hand on her. I can't deny the mate pull anymore. Not like I did at first. Goddamn. Her smell is the most intoxicating thing ever. I knew she was addicting as soon as I entered that bar.

I was stupid to play her like that but my vampire loved her more than ever and I couldn't resist the pull anymore.

I didn't knock on Kaias door as I just entered. My eyes landed on her crouched figure, her eyes on something. She was shaking. "Kaia? My love, what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry..." she whispered. I frowned, coming closer. Kaia was clutching her hand, dried blood sleeping down her forearm.

"Fuck Kaia! What the hell happened!" I kneeled beside her, taking her arm. The cut seemed to have heeled and I looked around for the source of the thing that cut her. The broken bowl.

"I'm sorry..." my frown deepens.

"What ever for, my love? Come on, let's clean you up," I lightly drag her to the bathroom and sit her on top of the toilet seat. She sniffled and watched the floor. I smile softly as I wet a face cloth and clean up the dried blood. "Why did you cut yourself, Kaia?" I ask softly.

"B-Because I didn't want to believe I was a monster," she whispered.

"Oh babygirl," I pulled her to me, wrapping my arms around her, my hands playing with her hair. "Your not a monster. If you were a monster, then I'd be a monster,"

Kaia cried into my shoulder, her hands clutching my shirt. "I'm sorry I was s-so mean! I-I was so mean!" My pure angel. I kissed her hair and hummed softly.

"I forgive you babygirl. I'm not mad at you," she leaned away, tear stained face.

"R-Really? B-But I was a bitch to you? Why would you stay?" I coo at her as she unconsciously pouts. Running the pad of my thumbs on her cheeks, I peck her nose.

"Because your my beloved mate and mates don't leave each other or be mad each other over something so small. You were just upset and trying to puzzle out what's happening," Kaia cries softly and buries her face in my chest.

"I'm sorry!" I chuckle softly and pet her hair.

"Kaia babygirl. I'm not mad. Come one, let's get you freshened up, yeah?" Kaia nods slowly but pauses.

"Wait! You'll see me naked!" A blush tinges her cheeks and ears pink. I grin and wiggle my eyebrows.

"One sexy little mate I have," I kiss her ear. "Mhm can't wait to taste you," Kaia shoves me lightly, a small smile on her pink face.

"Be quiet," I just laugh and kiss her forehead.

"How about you have a shower and I'll bring you some fresh clothes. We can then go down and pick some movies and chill, yeah?" Kaia nods softly and wipes her eyes.

I went to leave the bathroom but a tug on the hem of my shirt made me pause. I turn to Kaia, her eyes avoiding mine. "I ah... I missed you too..." She then shoved me out the door, closing it. I chuckle at my cute little mate. She is just too pure.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Do apologise for late update. Life's just been pretty hectic.

I really hope this was a good chapter because it's a long one and we finally got to see Braelynn cry! I'm so mean to say that but AH WELL.

Vote ~
Comment ~
Share ~
Gossip ~~~~~~~