Chapter 20

Kaia

Wedding dress finding day has arrived. As promised, Lyra and Drake came home with us, their two children Ben and Hannah along the ride. The journey home was much for fun then coming to Acirema. Braelynn and Drake argued about silly things, me and Lyra bonded and the children clung off of me. Ben had changed into human form this time so I got the change to see his glossy blonde hair. Apparently Ben and Hannah are twins.

And as of now, I was sitting in the gardens with Lyra, watching the children play with Tamara.

Tamara, older than the two by a year enjoyed their company. Ben and Hannah are 5 so that makes Tamara 6.

"Have you decided on your dress yet?" Lyra asks, siping her tea. I shake my head, doing the same.

"I've seen so many yet not a single one is begging me to put on,"

"That was the same with me. It took me a while to choose to the right one. Braelynn is wearing a suit?" I nodded, grinning in my small daydream.

"She is going to look so beautiful," Lyra giggles, taking my hand and patting it.

"You'll look magnificent too Kaia. I wore my mother's wedding gown, though altered a bit to fit me. What about your mother Kaia?" My smile fades, eyes trained to the almost empty tea cup. "Oh dear, I'm sorry!" I shake my head, giving her a sad smile.

"Don't be. My mother died after having Tamara. So when my father drowned himself in work, I became a mother figure for Tamara. It was a long time ago," I wave off, smiling.

"Did you father ever mention her?" I shook my head, watching the children play.

"No. But I didn't want to ask. He was still mourning and when things seemed to have settled, I had left it alone. Especially since Tamara is at the age where she can understand things better," Lyra nods, pouring me another cup of tea.

"Well, your wedding dress will show up, I'm sure."

"I think I might ask my father about it," truthfully, I've never seen photos of my parents wedding. Or even had the chance to talk to dad about how he met mum and married her. Lyra beams widely.

"That's a great idea! Why don't we finish this tea and take the children and visit him? I'm sure Tamara would love to see your father," I nod, agreeing with her. Tamara has been at school and dads been working so they only see each other in the afternoons or at dinner.

"Kids! Come now, we are going to help Aunty Lyra with her wedding dress!" The kids cheer and run up to us, bouncing on their little feet. Lyra and I finish our cups of tea and bound our way back to the castle, in search of my father.

"Lyra dear," Drake calls, a large wolffish grin on his face. Lyra smiles and kisses her husband.

"Hi honey. What you doing?"

"Oh nothing much... a little bit of this and that," Lyra scowls.

"What did you do?" She asks, a snarl at her lips. This couple though. I giggle and ruffle Tamara's hair.

"Why don't you kids go to your room?" She nods and giggles, taking Hannah's hand, squealing and running to her room. I turn back to the love birds to find Drake pouting and Lyra smacking his head.

"You painted the goddamn floor!? You idiot! Braelynn will have your head!" I frown.

"You painted my castle floors?" Wel technically it's my castle too now so I have a right to say that, right? Drake nods, still pouting.

"Which room?" I ask, walking over to him. He takes a step back slightly afraid.

"Ah... the ball room...?"

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BALLROOM," Braelynn shouts in rage. Her eyes bright red.

"Your in shit now," I smirk at Drake. Riah comes behind Braelynn, a look of rage also upon her pale features.

I turn to Lyra, "I'm going to find my father. I'll see you later," I walk past her towards Brae, giving her a peck on the lips.

"Be right back," I whisper against her lips before sauntering down the halls to find my father. He should be in the library. Braelynns voice bounces off the wall, slowly fading away as I get further away.

My eyes connect to the library doors before pushing them open. Scanning the large room I connect with my fathers grey ones. "Kaia!" I smile fondly at his ruffled self.

"Hi dad. What you doing?" I ask, leaning over his shoulder. He was leaning in his chair, books lay all over the table.

"Research. Did you know, there are ancient caves under this castle!" I raise a brow, impresses.

"I did not know that," Dad smiles and closes the book he was reading and focused his attention to me.

"What can I do for you darling? You've been busy lately, with your wedding and all," I sit on the desk, facing him.

"Dad, do you still have mums wedding dress?" Dad looks at me, wide eyed. I smile softly, knowing how he feels at the topic. "I want to wear it. For my wedding. Cause you know how she would be thrilled to see me get married." I watch his grey eyes soften, his lips thinned.

"I have no clue honey. I'm pretty sure it's in a box somewhere," oh. I bit my lip.

"Do you think we could find it? I'd really like to wear it. I want to feel as if she's here with me, you know?" Dad nods and brings me into a fatherly hug.

"Of course honey. Let's go look for it," I entwine our arms as we exit the library and towards his bedroom.

"You excited for your wedding honey?" He asks me, patting my hand.

"Yes, I'm so happy," I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad," we make it to his room and all that greeted me was piles on piles of books and paper. "Sorry about the mess. I don't have time to clean up and I don't like the maids in here. They loose all my work!" He sighs, heading to a door in the back. "This is where I keep all your mothers stuff. I'm pretty sure I put your mother's dress here..." he trails off, heading inside the room. The room it self was the size of a closet. Not a second later, dad comes out with a black dress bag. "Here honey. This is your mother's wedding gown," I take the bag and open it, a small gasp leaving my lips. The dress is beautiful.

My mother has the most beautiful dress I've ever seen

My mother has the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. Lacy sleeves and a flary dress skirt. I turn to dad, his eyes shown with tears. "Oh dad," I softly put the dress down on the bed and hug him tightly.

"God..." he mumbles, sniffling. "Takes me back," I smile softly and lean away.

"I bet she was beautiful," dad chuckles.

"She sure was," he mumbles. I pick up the dress and put it back into its bag.

"I'm going to get this altered for the wedding. Dad," he turns to me. "Thank you," I kiss his cheek one last time before leaving the room, heading towards the loud voices I had left not long ago.