12

I lost track of time talking to Mira. We actually had a lot in common. We were both people that enjoyed solitude, but knew when we needed human interaction.
     "You're a lot easier to talk to, compared to my friends." I swirled the dregs of the coffee in the bottom of my cup, surprised that I had managed to finish it.
     "Like what?"
     "I don't know. Either they're like, really intent on listening to me, or they just ignore me. But they're constantly making me say or do things that I don't want to say or do."
     "Oh. I see." She pushed her glasses further up the bridge of her nose.
"What about your friends? I feel like I'm talking to much, I don't usually do that." I chuckled slightly, surprising myself. Mira traced an invisible design in the table, not looking at me.
"I don't have many friends." My eyes widened slightly.
"Why? You're so pretty and nice!" I blushed and covered my mouth with my hands. "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that." Mira looked up from the table, also blushing a bit. We stared at each other for a bit before she threw her head back and laughed.
"You really think so?" She asked me, a smile still lingering on her face.
"Ah, of course. Why don't you have many friends?" Mira shrugged.
"It's nothing big really, not like I was bullied or something. I just have a really hard time talking to people, so I'm usually just alone at school." I nodded in understanding.
"I'm guessing you can talk more when you're one on one with someone," I said, gesturing to the table we were both sitting at. She smiled.
"Yeah, actually another reason why I work at a coffee shop is because it gives me a little practice, so I'm not as bad as I was half a year ago. By talking to the customers, I can improve my social skills."
"Ah, so you probably don't mind too much that you guys don't get much business." Mira nodded. "Is that what you meant by you can't afford to quit this job?" I asked, curious.
"Kinda, but I'm also broke," she muttered sheepishly.
"Oh, sorry."
"No, don't worry about it. I still get food and a place to live." She tilted her head and smiled at me. Behind me, the front door jingled. "Ah, it looks like you have customers," I said while turning around. I stopped abruptly.
Seungcheol stood at the front door, his head looking left and right. Jeonghan stood behind him. Finally Seungcheol's eyes locked on me. He looked... pissed.
"Crap crap crap," I muttered patting my pockets for my phone. I almost hit myself when I realized I had left it in the studio.
"What is it? Why are those guys coming over here?" Mira sounded alarmed.
"They're my friends. I'm dead," I whispered, burying my face in my hands.
"Why are you dead?" Mira whispered back. Before I could answer, Seungcheol slammed his hands down on the table, making Mira jump back.
"Lee. Ji. Hoon. You have been gone for two hours, without your phone. Storming off was very irresponsible of you." He was so mad.
"Sorry Hyung, I lost track of time. I only intended to be gone for about thirty minutes." Jeonghan pulled out a chair and sat next to me.
"You really worried us though, and Hoshi felt like he did something wrong." Why did this feel like good cop bad cop?
"He didn't, I just needed some air."
"Let's go back." Seungcheol muttered, still sounding angry. I sighed.
"Okay," I said while standing up. Mira stood with me. I glanced at the blue coffee cup and the book that I picked out by accident. "Give me a second though, I need to pay."
"You don't have to-"
"Of course I do." I grabbed my book and Mira grabbed our two mugs. I followed her to the register and pulled out my wallet. At least I didn't forget that.
I met Seungcheol and Jeonghan back by the door, and I followed them outside. Before the door fully closed behind me, I turned and waved at my new friend.