14

I stood at the edge of the crosswalk and held down the power button on my phone until it shut all the way off. A few stray tears blurred my vision, and I angrily brushed them away.
I know running away from my problems is immature. I know. But I can't help being frustrated and mad.
The crosswalk symbol lit up and I lightly jogged across the street, wanting to get away from our apartment building as fast as possible. How dare he. I wiped away some more tears. He pushes and pushes and pushes knowing that I can't stand being near him, then he gets pissed when I blow up? Can't they see the stress they put me under? And it's not like I'm even close to any of them. I knew Mira for two short hours and she's already a better friend than they are.
Without even looking up, my feet led me to the coffee shop she worked at. I started up the steps, my eyes on the ground, but I heard some jingling. I looked up to see Mira locking the doors.
"Oh. Are you closing?"
"Jihoon!" She exclaimed. "You're back!"
"Do you think bad coffee and bad social skills are enough to scare me away?" I smiled, already feeling better. She laughed.
"Usually it is. Were you in the mood for the bad coffee or the bad social skills, because we just closed so I can't help you with the coffee part, but I'm free if you want some awkward conversations." I felt myself slipping into an easy grin.
"Oh please. You're way better at conversing than my other friends. Wanna go on a walk? They know where this place is and I don't necessarily want to see them right now." She grinned back at me.
"Oh? Friend drama is it? I know a cool secret part close to here, if you don't mind a 20 minute walk."
"No that sounds perfect," I said. She nodded and we started walking even further away from the city. "I hope you don't mind me barging in on your free afternoon."
"No it's totally fine, I never have plans. So what's up? Why are you mad at your weird friends?" I guess from her perspective, they were pretty weird, but she didn't even know half of it. I kicked a pebble of the sidewalk.
"Well it all started with this stupid group chat. We all live together so it's pretty much pointless to hold entire conversations on, yet that's what they wanted." I quickly explained to her the rest of the experience.
"Wait so I'm confused. You all live together, but how many people are there?" She asked. I pursed my lips.
"...13 of us."
"Good god!"
"Truth be told... we're a band..." she nodded.
"Ah that makes sense. I won't press on that part, because you don't seem like you want to talk about that. So these friends are just your members? So you didn't choose them as your friends?"
"No but they're still good people. I like them all, they just get frustrating." I found myself defending them even though I was made at pretty much everyone except Chan and Minghao, as they could do pretty much no wrong. I shrugged to myself.
"So what did they do this time?"
"So basically, I do a lot of the work for the band. So I was complaining about how much they counted on me being reliable, but they never thank me for what I do. And then one of them blows up basically calling me dramatic because of when I stormed off. Then he said some pretty uncomfortable things, making me say some uncomfortable things too." I glanced at her, trying to gauge how much I could trust her. She suddenly looked up and smiled.
     "We're here."
————————————————————————
I'm back! Kind of... I'm not going to be super consistent but I wanna post more.