21

~Soonyoung~

Seungcheol walked into the kitchen and approached me, sneakily looking around. Looking for Jihoon, I assumed. He leaned in close. "So... did anything happen last night with Jihoon?" I sighed and dumped the fourth bag of microwaveable popcorn into a large bowl, then popped a fifth into the microwave. Even with one person it's easy to go through more than one bag... for 13 we had to make several.
"Nothing really happened. We talked a little, his main goal is still to get past our differences, which kind of works in my favor, just slowly."
"Ah. I can see why that's frustrating," Seungcheol said, nodding. "Anything else?" I suddenly felt heat rising to my face, as I remembered a point when Jihoon was trying to lift a box... but couldn't quite push it up high enough... so I stood behind him and helped. After that, Jihoon avoided my eyes for the majority of the night, which I took as a minor success.
"Little things... they wouldn't even seem important to you... but enough to give me a little hope." Seungcheol leaned against the counter and crossed his arms, grinning.
"No! I'm interested, tell me!" He nudged me with his elbow when I hesitated.
"Well... I stood behind him... to help lift a box. He didn't react with friendly indifference, so I know it got to him." I opened the microwave one second before it beeped and pulled the bag out. Seungcheol nudged me again, his grin seeming to get even bigger.
"Hey that's something!" I smiled back. Even though it wasn't much, Seungcheol made me feel like my accomplishment was much bigger.
"Vernon was right, you are just like a dad," I said, laughing. Seungcheol joined me and chuckled as well.
"Well, I am the leader of the group. And the eldest. So it does make a little sense." He helped me carry the three ginormous bowls of popcorn into the living room.
Minghao, Dino, and Jun were moving chairs out of the way, and had flipped the coffee table on its side and pushed it against a wall. Seungkwan and Seokmin brought in blankets, then Joshua, Jihoon, and Wonwoo followed close behind with pillows. Eventually, the small living room eventually looked like a tricked out pillow fort... minus a roof.
Vernon was one of the last ones to enter, slowly chanting, 'movie night movie night' over and over again. Seungcheol and Jeonghan settled on the couch next to Minghao and Jun, then Dino squeezed in between the two pairs. With no more room, we let them get settled, Jeonghan and Dino chose to kick their feet up onto the couch to give the rest of us room down below, then Minghao, on the end, curled up in Jun's lap. Once they stopped moving and got comfy, we placed large pillows against the couch, covering Jun and Seungcheol's legs.
There was more room below the couch, so we fit six people across. Me, Jihoon, Joshua, Seokmin, Mingyu, then Wonwoo. Vernon and Seungkwan laid on their stomachs on the blankets in front of us, facing the tv. Each row had a popcorn bucket.
"Just tell us if you want a popcorn refill, it isn't exactly fair that we get just as much popcorn as the six of you," Vernon said, looking back at our middle row. Seungcheol turned on the tv.
"I know we talked a little bit about what movie we should watch. You guys still down for a horror movie followed by a comedy?" He asked. I felt Jihoon stiffen behind me, but he didn't say anything after our members shouted a chorus of 'yeahs'. I leaned closer to him.
"Scared of roller coasters AND horror movies?" I whispered. He glared at me, but I didn't feel any real malice behind it.
"Sh-shut up Soonyoung Hyung," he muttered. I chuckled softly.
"Well you can hold my hand if you get scared, or I could even hold you. Entirely." I knew I was probably pressing too much for it being so soon after the declaration of my intentions, but I couldn't help it. It was the perfect opportunity.
"Do you like scary movies?" He asked, avoiding my offer.
"Yeah, they're one of my favorite genres. They're fun to watch." Especially fun when they come with the prospect of putting my arms around my crush. Jihoon didn't say anything else so I turned back to the tv. The rest of them had made a decision on what horror movie to watch while Jihoon and I were talking. I didn't mind.
Looking at the title, I grinned. It was one that I had been meaning to watch for ages, but never had the time. I heard that it was a gory, suspenseful, psychological horror movie. The best kind.
Especially when using it as a tool to seduce someone.