seven ; walking on sunshine.

They were supposed to be studying.

Things rarely went as planned.

Alicia was exhausted. She was recovering from countless petty disagreements with her mother over simple things, like if they should move the expensive China platters or if Alicia wore her leather jacket too much. School was also dragging her down as she fell behind on assignments in favor of working on writing projects that, in all actuality, could wait another day.

When Finn had told Alicia his consideration of giving up on homework to deal with his own overwhelming responsibilities, she had gone to lecture him -- before realizing she was acting the same way. Which led to suggesting a studying session. Not a date.

It wasn't going well.

They were curled up on Finn's bed. Unfinished assignments. textbooks, and notes were sprawled between them. Alicia had a mechanical pencil in one hand and a hot pink highlighter in another, an English essay she'd barely begun propped up on her lap. Finn was staring blankly at his algebra textbook, as if it was written in another language. It kind of was.

Despite the scene, neither of them were doing anything.

They were busy falling asleep.

"God, this sucks," Finn complained. Alicia jerked up, as if snapped out of a daze, eyes wide. "I can't-- I can't focus, I can't think straight."

"Kurt has the same problem."

"What?"

She opened her mouth, then shook her head. "No, no, nothing. Um, well, you have a lot on your mind lately, Finn. Pregnant girlfriend, important scholarships to pursue, an unhealthy unofficial fling with Rachel Berry, keeping a huge secret from your mom--"

"Yeah, I got it, thanks." Finn groaned, falling back and glowering at his ceiling. His long legs nearly knocked Alicia off the bed, causing her to scurry to the other side. "Homework looks pretty lame when you consider all that."

Alicia poked his leg with her pencil. "You won't say that when you receive an acceptance letter from Yale."

"Yeah, sure. Like anyone in this town can get into that school."

"You never know." She set down her essay and highlighter, tucking her pencil behind er ear. "Come on, Finn. Get up. You have to study to pass that test."

"I don't care where Y's X is hiding out or whatever! It all sounds like a dumb reality show to me."

As much as she could see his point, he needed to study. He couldn't allow everything going on in his present to distract from his future.

Alicia shrugged out of her leather jacket (which she did not wear too much), tossing it onto Finn's floor. She straightened out her pink cashmere sweater, unaffected when she noticed a tiny hole in it. Impulsively, she climbed over Finn until she was practically straddling him, jeans-clad legs on either side of his hips.

His eyes widened, and she swore she heard him gulp. "Wha--what are you doing?"

"Encouraging you!" Her tone was bright, compared to his, which trembled. "I've been told that I can be very annoying. The truth is, no one has ever really seen how annoying I can be until I want to keep a good friend from slacking off on their life."

"Um, still not--" He sat up halfway, propping himself up with his arm. "Still not getting why you're sitting on me."

"Because I am going to stay here and sing every single Disney song I know until you agree to dedicate an hour to studying algebra." She was proud of her plan. It balanced productivity by exercising her vocal cords and forcing Finn to do something, too.