Cake S.R

You enjoyed cooking and baking, you weren't amazing enough to become a 5* chef, but you can make a pretty delicious cake. It was your boyfriend's birthday, and it was the Fourth of July as well.

Steve was out on a mission or something, but you were at your house just putting on the base layer of icing before you start using edible paint as you paint on fireworks and the American flag.

You decided to use fondant to cut out the flag, so you got out fifty little white chocolate stars you found at the store and cut out the thirteen stripes and the dark blue that you placed the stars on.

You put together the flag on the top of the two-layered cake and wrote "Happy Birthday Steve" with "Happy birthday" above the flag and "Steve" underneath.

You then went to town with the cake, painting all of the fireworks in multiple colours. You added bits of edible glitter to make it shimmer, and so it looks as though the fireworks actually exploded.

As a joke to Steve, even though biologically he was only going to be 33, he was technically 100 years old, so you stuck three candles on top of the cake, 1,0,0.

You smile at your masterpiece before you started washing the equipment you used. Suddenly you heard a knock on the door, "Darling, are you home?" Steve said, knocking once more on the door. You looked at the clock; it was five o'clock, you started making this cake at eleven.

"Wait there, Steve, I have a surprise for you" you rushed into your bedroom and placed on your pretty dark blue dress, you placed on your heels and looked in the mirror. "Sugar, literally," you say to yourself as there was sugar on your face. "Steve I'll be out in a second, it's very messy in here."

"You know I don't care if the place is messy right?"

"I know but still" you wash your face and brush your hair in record time. You put on foundation and concealer and deep red lipstick.

You walked quickly to the door and opened it, "sorry Steve," you say, you pressed your lips to his, whilst standing on your tiptoes and giggled when his lips turned red from your lipstick. You didn't tell him.

"You look magnificent," Steve told you, he held your waist and pulled you into him and leant down slightly so he can kiss you back.

You had to stop yourself as the make-out session got a bit too steamy, "I made you something," you say, prying yourself away from him.

"Oh, really?" He said, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes.

"Yes, now Mr Star Spangled Man With A Plan, close your eyes." Steve rolled his eyes before doing as he was told.

You giggled before kissing his cheek and running into the kitchen; you lit the candles. You walked out as you walking towards him you were too focused on him and the cake you didn't see the coffee table, and you managed to catch your leg on it, causing you to trip.

As you fell with a massive thud, you cried out in pain, and a splat sound also echoed through the room, Steve at the sounds of the noises opened his eyes and ran over to you as your leg was bleeding. "Darling, are you okay?"

"No, the cake! I made it for you, and now it's ruined," you cried.

Steve looked stunned at your answer; he thought you were crying because your leg had a massive cut on it "Darling, your leg is bleeding, and you're crying about a cake?"

"You don't get it, Steve, I spent six hours on it, those six hours of my life are wasted, I could have been working and earning money, but I spent it making this stupid cake for nothing, I don't have a lengthened lifespan like you, so everything is limited," you pushed yourself up and hobbled to the bathroom and shut yourself in it.

"Darling, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you spent that long making it, I bet it tastes good," you heard Steve walking away, you opened the door quietly and peeped through the gap, Steve went to the kitchens and emerged with a spoon. You watch him sit next to the broken cake and got a piece that wasn't touching the floor and ate it. "It does taste delicious, Y/N."

"You're eating cake off of the floor," you deadpanned.

"No, it wasn't touching the floor," Steve told you. You shook your head and hobbled back to him. Steve got another piece and guided the spoon to your lips, "come on, try it," he said, waving it in front of you.

You opened your mouth, and he placed the spoon in your mouth, he slid the spoon out of your mouth, and you moaned, "this cake does taste delicious," you say. "But we should stop eating off of the floor."

"Agreed," Steve said.

You both started cleaning up the mess; you noticed Steve had a small amount of cake in his hands, he came closer and smeared it down your front. You looked at him in shock. "Looks like you have to take that off," he said smoothly.

Wordlessly you bent down and grabbed some cake and spread it down his chest and over his crotch. "Looks like you have to take that off too," you smirk back at him, repeating his words. He actually blushed as you touched his crotch, but you just giggled and carried on cleaning up.

"Y/N," Steve groaned.

"Faster you clean the faster we can get into bed," you told him.

"We can clean up later-"

"No, I don't want to get ants or something."

You and Steve cleaned up in record speed and then you both made it to your bedroom, flinging off the cake covered clothes and getting into bed for some fonduing.