Beginning.5

"Really? That dress?" Gimoire judged. 

"What? Whats wrong with it?" Charlie asked twisting around to look in the mirror.

"You dont exactly look like your going to a funeral." Gimoire said like he was her gal pal "You look like the rich person attempting to go to a normal club." 

"This is the only black dress I have Gimoire." Charlie scoffed at her judgmental familiar. 

"Ok sir." he looked away and jumped off of the bathroom counter. Charlie followed him back out into her bedroom. 

"Fine. How about adding this dark blue shall, Mr.Say yes to the dress?" Charlie scoffed and grabbed a shall out of her closet. 

"Perfect." he laid on the bed and judged her.

"Honestly." Charlie growled "By the way, are you coming with me to the funeral?" 

"Do you wish me to?" 

"A little I guess. But i cant just bring a cat to a funeral." 

"You do know I can be invsiable to humans." 

"Oh right." she chuckled and got dressed in her Pjs. Charlie fell back onto her bed and grumbled into her hands. "I dont want to go." 

"It will be fine." 

"No, it wont. My family hates us both. It will just be awkward to be there." She rolled over smushing her face into her pillow. 

*********************************************************************************

Charlie sat in the chapel with tears running down her face. Her eyes glued to the front. Focusing on the detail on the casket. Her breaths were thin and hurt her chest after each one. The priest talked but Charlie only focused on her dead best friend. "Avus." She whispered underneath a sob. Her cousin sat next to her not crying nearly at all. Her mother didnt want to sit next to her. Her step-father was to busy working at his boat supplies business to even come. 

Gimoire sat on her lap watching with her. No one else could see him but she could. He took some kind of comfort to feel something touching her. Even if it is an invisible judgmental cat. This ceremony seemed like an eternity. Let this be over, Charlie was begging the odds. 

Family was able to go up to the casket now. To say goodbye. No one was able to even get up there before Charlie ran up to it. "Oh god." She cried and stared at her beloved Avus "Avus," she whispered to him "Dont worry. I'll finish it." she whispered.

*******************************************************************

"What do you mean!?" Charlie gasped over the phone "Did he really?" He said slightly amazed.

"Yes. Not a single thing for anyone else." Her mother replied over the phone sounding quite sour.

"Oh my god. He left me everything in his will!?"

AN// Yup short chapter and choppy but it will get gooooodddd.