Ch 61

NA patted astha's hand,''You don't have to worry about that, its my fault I should not have gotten you both married, you are unsuitable for each other.''

Shlok stopped pacing,''baba I am sorry i shouldn't have shouted.''

NA.''you said what you feel, you believe that astha is not right for you and I agree, its my fault I should have listened to you earlier but its still not too late, I don't want you both to destroy your lives, I don't have any problem if you two divorce.''

Anjali finally got up from sofa and said,''no! what are you saying.''

NA looked at her and said,'' its for the best, they are not suitable for each other.''

Shlok,''thats not for you to decide!''

NA looked at him confused,''You still hold grudge for how you got married and after so many years if you beleive that,then there is no reason for you two to be together.''

Shlok,''I resent how we got married but I do not want to get divorced.''

NA,''and I cannot let my daughter be with a man who refuse to get over his past.''

Shlok fumed,''what you are going to do this time? threaten me to throw out of the family again if I did not divorce? do it! but I won't divorce her! and she won't agree either!''

NA,'' She is my daughter,I saw how she was when she had the depression attack, while you left her here all alone and went to your buisness tour. You failed to take care of her .I don't find you suitable for my daughter anymore. I know there is more to what happened and I don't need to know the exact facts but when a man leaves his wife like that..''he broke off and took a deep breath to calm himself.

Shlok,'' I admit I made some mistakes but that does not mean that I will divorce her.''

NA,''then there is no point in this discussion, you will no longer be part of my family if you made me go to court to get astha free.''

Shlok,''why don't you ask her,ask her what she feels about it?''

NA,''I have eyes shlok, I have seen how she avoided talking to you in hospital, how she pulled away from your slightest touch, why do you think I decided to shift to Delhi? I thought it was due to that stage issue and ataya's demand for you both to become parents.''

Shlok clenched his hands into fists,'' she is mine, and I won't let you take her away from me. she is my wife''

NA moved forward and glared at him,'' She is my daughter first and your wife later. I will leave this house tomorrow with my family. And if its a court fight you want, then you will get it!.''

Shlok turned to astha,''are you going to sit there and just keep crying? tell him you want to stay with me.''

Astha just sat there, baba had said so proudly that she is my daughter first, he had never made her feel she was adopted, she herself never thought about it until shlok made her realize that she was an outsider,not part of his family. she lost varad because of him. He said that he told driver to take her to college but at the same time, it was shlok who had told driver he would throw him out of his job if he took astha anywhere without his permission. But to lose him forever?

Shlok,''astha?''