Ch 64

One month later

Astha flopped down on her bed, and laid there tired. Although she was better now and had stopped taking all the medicines but still too much activity made her tired and she had done a lot this week.

First baba after knowing she wanted to become a teacher had got her admitted in one of the teacher training centers. Her most classes were in evenings with the exceptions of workshops.

Also, she started teaching 5th standard as Geography. So, all of it took lots of time. And there were endless social obligations like attending some puja on one professor house, attending seminars on educational reforms and so on.

She hadn't been able to meet shlok,only talk to him at night and that too usually was short because astha was too tired. Astha saw the time and got up lazily and went down the stairs almost dragging her feet.

Ayi and Baba were waiting for her. Both gave her smiles watching how she was dragging her feet.

NA,''tired beta?''

Astha nodded,''feeling sleepy.''

Anjali looked worried for a moment,'' I have booked doctor appointment for you on saturday, be ready at 11 a.m.''

Astha drank water and nodded.

NA,'' I am going to visit our village, astha you want to come with me?''

Astha smiled,''of course baba. when are we going?''

NA,''we will leave early on sunday and be back by night.''

Astha smiled at him and then put curry on her plate and picked up a chapati and started eating.

...

When she went back to her room, the phone was ringing, astha locked the door, went to bed, spread the blanket, fluffed her pillows, then put on hands free and slid into the bed, her eyes closing.

Astha,''Evening patidev.''

There was a silence on the other end,then she heard him sigh,''You are sleepy again?drop few things if you are tiring out so much.''

Astha,'' I will think about it. You had your dinner?''

Shlok,''Yes, listen you promised you will meet me and its been a month!... did baba say anything about divorce?''

Astha,''No, he didn't even mention it.''

Shlok's mood brightened a little, he leaned against the balcony rail as he pushed his fingers through his hairs absent mindedly,''that's good. So,you are free this weekend or ..''he trailed off.

Astha hugged her pillow,''I have doctors appointment on saturday morning for routine check up and then going to village with baba on sunday.''

Shlok laughed,''he is clever keeping you always busy.''

Astha smiled too,''I think so too.''

Both were silent for a moment enjoying the moment.

Shlok,'' So, how was your day?''

Astha,''tiring, boring, flat...everything which a day should not be.''

Shlok laughed,''seems like a normal working day to me.''

Astha,''yeah but I know you enjoy your work, I do too to be honest but it sucks out all my energy.''

Shlok,''May be you are missing certain someone, which is making life boring?''

Astha smirked,''Yes, you are right, I am missing gauri a lot.''

Shlok,''mean! ''

Astha quipped,''truth hurts'' although she was teasing him but the truth was her mood actually started perking up when she talked with him.