Ch 63

He bent and his lips trailed down her throat,''promise me you will meet me daily.'' he said as he slowly kissed the other side of throat. There was a knock on door outside.

Astha,''please shlok let me go''

Shlok straightened and looked into her eyes,'' Promise you will meet me daily.''

Astha heard Anjali's voice from outside,''astha!''

Astha,''ok,I will meet you,now let me go.'' he bent and pulled her bottom lip into his mouth and gently bit on it,marking her and then he said,''also you will talk to me every night''

Astha,''Shlok ayi is waiting outside, what will she think?''

Shlok ,''say you will call me.''

Astha nodded.

Shlok kissed her again deeply and then, placed her on floor and let her go.

Her legs felt ready to give away. she leaned back against the wall,trying to get herself normal. Shlok brushed her hairs with his fingers and helped her correct her pallu.

Anjali knocked again, astha tried to brush pass shlok and then he grabbed her hand again, astha looked back at him and for a moment she thought, just ignore the knocking astha,stay with him,see today he wants you in same way you always wanted him to love you. But she was not the old astha,so she asked him,''shlok,please.''

He let her hand go,she turned and went outside.

...

Anjali was waiting for her, she looked uncomfortable at disturbing them,''I didn't want to disturb you but NA was insisting that you sleep in our room today.''

Astha nodded and went with anjali.

...

Baba was not in the room, astha had changed using the spare clothes she had in the other room and then went to sleep in Anjali's room. She did not go to shlok's room knowing he might not let her go second time.

But she could not go to sleep and tossed and turned on bed, anjali was pretending to be asleep too.Finally astha asked,''Ayi, you did not say anything.''

Anjali's eyes were still closed but she replied,''Now what I can say?''

Astha turned her face toward her,''Ayi, I don't want to divorce shlok but I don't want to go against baba's wishes too.''

Anjali remained quiet,''Astha go to sleep ,we have to leave early tomorrow.''

Astha hugged ayi,' Sorry ayi, Shlok didn't wanted me to share anything related to our relationship with anyone.''

Anjali sighed,'' But you discussed with Romila, you could have called me the same day and I would have come. Did you think how I am feeling right now? I help women all over the country and I am even member of international organization for women welfare and yet my own daughter..'' she broke off,'' I am not angry at you, I am angry at myself. I need sometime to think about it.''

Astha sadly said,''Okay ayi.''

Anjali put her arm beneath astha's head and gently patted her on head,''go to sleep now, don't think about it.''

Astha,''but Ayi, how I cannot think about it, I should listen to baba or shlok?''

Anjali,'' I don't know, now go to sleep.''

Astha closed her eyes trying to sleep.

In the morning, astha didn't eat anything at breakfast table, they were going to shift to Agnihotri university's on campus guest house.

Everyone was silent including shlok, there was nothing left to say. Astha kept looking at shlok who stared back at her but he did not ask her to stay with him again.

Shlok stayed in the living room as they went towards the car, at last moment astha lied,'' I forgot my cell phone'' and went back inside, he was still sitting on his chair staring at the table, she quickly bent and whispered in his ears,''My diaries are in last room upstairs in the closet,read them, you will understand why I have to leave right now''

she kissed him on cheeks and tried to run back out again,he grabbed her hand and said,''I will call you tonight,and remember your promise you will meet me daily. '' Astha nodded and went out back to the car.

It was so weird but she had always hated this house but today she was feeling sad at leaving it..