Let's go.

Peridot POV.

I double checked the apartment building, my jaw dropping a bit at the surprisingly nice building. "He lives HERE?"

I manage to stop gawking and walk in, finding the elevator and clicking my desired floor.

I adjust the small, slightly loose tie I'm wearing. I had battled with myself whether to go formal or casual, and ended up wearing a simple white butt in up with my green tie, and a pair of dark jeans. My sneakers had hints of green but had mostly black

I looked like a dork. And I knew why I was being so self conscious.... lapis.

What other reason would I worry? It had been forever... but I still felt unworthy to even know him.

And that also felt strange... I knew him. To a certain extent, of course. There was probably a whole list of things that had happened while we were separated.

The elevator opened and I let out a sigh, beginning to look for door number 526. I nervously knocked, gripping my satchel strap and shuffling my feet.

I heard footsteps coming, and a youngish guy opened the door. "Oh... hey you're the animator guy! Come in."

I stepped in, and once again I was sort of amazed. The main space was small. But really nice. A living room with a couch, table and tv, and I could see the kitchen from here. There was a very small set of stairs to my left, and a hallway to my right.

"Wow..."

"Amazing right? And I live here. Names Jacob. I record lapis. Sound guy, I suppose. He's expecting you." Jacob pointed to the small staircase. "That's the studio... he's been up there strumming all morning. Maybe you can break him out of his trance haha."

Jacob turned right, heading down the hallway. I walked over and stepped up the stairs, peeking around a corner to see what looked like a also surprisingly nice studio.

I set my satchel down, smiling as i saw a familier face laying on a couch with a also very familier guitar.

He seemed to be saying... or singing something, but through the glass I couldn't hear a thing. I kinda shifted my feet, unsure on what to do now. There was a door to my left that led in... but maybe they wanted me to just start?

But apparently lapis noticed me, because he sat up, a dopey grin on his face as he set his guitar down and came over to the door. He opened it and came through. "Hey!"

I giggled. "Hi, lapis. You're in a good mood, considering how early it is."

He huffed and scratched the back of his neck. "I've been up for a few hours... didn't sleep much..."

I tilted my head. "Are you okay?"

He laughed. "Fine. I guess I was just a bit excited... or, happy...cause You're back! god I'm being bad at words." He blushed, but was trying to cover it with one hand on his cheek.

I busted out laughing. This was so strange. Somehow he had become more shy, and I felt fine. But I stepped closer and hugged him.

"Its fine, you dork. I'm happy to be back with you too."

Wait.

I pulled back. "I mean... back... around you... uh..." I was still unsure what we were.

So now we were both blushing, and I pulled my hands away. "Haha... uhm... did you want me to uh, start... you know, animating?"

"Don't do that..."

I looked back up, confused. He had his arms loosely crossed.

"Are we gonna keep avoiding this?" He opened his eyes, looking at me for an answer. "Avoiding US?"

I clench my jaw. "I... I just wasn't sure if there was an US anymore..."

"Don't you want there to be? Peri... I missed you so much... I want to be with you again..."

I felt my face burn a bit more. "Of course I do... lapis..." i stepped back and pressed my head into his neck as i wrapped my arms around him. "Of course I want to be with you..."

He pulled me closer with his arms, and I relaxed feeling him hold me.

"Then let's go out."

C urrantly dying inside from ruby's song my body is not ready.

716 words