7. Sshhh! Koi hai...

The waning moon was of no help to the dark night. The stars winked like sequins of a dark velvet gown.

They moved past the front yard which was too barren to be addressed as a yard. The hooting owl was adding up to the eerie atmosphere.

This huge deserted mansion stood at the end of a desolated street. There was no sign of people anywhere around it.

Only a lone street lamp was casting a dim yellow light on the sad features of the mansion.
As they stood in front of a double door, their feets froze. A bone chilling breeze passed by them forcing them to move in.
The three girls looked at each other and nodded. Kriya gently pushed open the door wih a squeal.
She switched on the flashlight of her phone before entering to see the inside view which was more uncanny than the outsides.
The furnitures were draped in dirty white sheets, there were cobwebs everywhere, clearly indicating that no one has lived here since years.

Si- Guys, I am telling you this is the same rumored haunted mansion. The room service guy warned me about this one when he heared me talking about passing by this road over the phone call to you.

Sh- C'mon Simmi there is nothing like haunted. Its just the darkness thats scary.

Si- Yeah!... wait.. I didn't know that you are afraid of dark

Sh- (fumbling) Mai..? Nhii... mujhe darr ni lagta.
(Confidently) Remember.. Sharon Raiprakash kisi se nhi darti.

Kr- Not only darkness but this place has some really strange vibes. We better leave from here.

Sh- Yeah right... Leave from here and rest in peace in this hypothermic cold n snowfall.

Si- So we cant stay here and we cant leave from here. Kya karei???
Who gave this stupid idea to explore streets of London at night?

Kr- You.. my dear stupid friend. It was your stupid idea. What did you say.. yeah.. "We'll do something adventurous like a car trip at night driving across the random streets of London."

Si- So what if it was my idea? You both could have said no. You both even happily agreed. What did you say "Awesome!! Lets do this." "This sounds so thrilling"

Sh- For heaven's sake, stop fighting both of you.
I dont know why I had to rent this stupid car. And couldnt this car broke down in any humanly area. There arent even networks anywhere here. We cant even call the cab or the hotel.

Suddenly, the only beam of light went off.

Sh(nearly screaming)- Why did you switch off the lights Kriya?

Kr- I didn't..... Shit! My phone's battery is dead.

Si- Wait... my phone... Damn! I forgot it at the hotel.

Sh- Let me... Let me check.

Sharon took a sigh of relief as she switched on the flashlight of her phone.
But the night does not seem to be in their favour. All of a sudden, the windows started rattling and the door closed itself with a thud

Si- What's happening? Why is it happenning? I told you guys this place is haunted. But no. Now we all are dead. We are dead.

Sh- Calm down Simmi. There is nothing like haunted. (Whispering) I am sure I saw a human hand at the door. Here is somebody playing pranks on us.

Si- Yeah here is somebody and that somebody is a ghost. Guys I am telling you this place is haunted. Look everything is happening exactly like a horror movie. Only those weird voic....

Simmi could not complete her sentence when she heard certain strange voices.

Si- Bs inhi awaazon ki kami thi 😨
Jai hanuman gyan gunsagar... wait... are ghosts of London even scared of Hanuman?

Sh(whispers)- Sshhh! These voices are coming from behind that pillar. I ll go check, you guys keep talking like before.

Sharon kept her phone on one of the draped furnitures & tiptoed toward the pillar on the far end.

Suddenly, the flashlight of her phone went off. The mansion turned dark again.

She hurried back to reach Kriya & Simmi. But her fear of dark sucked her senses. Her hands & forehead turned sweaty. Her steps jumbled. She could hardly breathe. Her panick was slowly leading to asthma attack.
She heard Kriya & Simmi screaming her name but words refused to escape her mouth in response. Her head was getting heavy. And the last thing she saw was a beam of light hustling towards her followed by a shadow.

[Sorry for the late update guys. I know this is a shorter one. Actually, what I wrote was 2600 something words long and I thought such a long update would be boring to read hence broke the chapter into two. And the next update is ready as well. So basically, I am ready with my next two updates, hence this time I ll not take another month for it 😛]

[Guys please dont forget to vote and comment.]