8. Chahun mai ya na

Doctor was examining Sharon who was lying unconscious on the bed of her hotel room. Swayam was sitting right next to her with his head in his hands. While all others stood around the bed.

Do- There's nothing to worry about now. She had a high blood pressure and a minor asthma attack, maybe as a result of panick at such a place.

Kr- But what made her panick all of a sudden? She was fine a while ago when she was with us.

Sw(monotonously)- She has a phobia of darkness.

Gang- What!!!!

Do- So its pretty clear now that her fear led her to panick which further prompted an asthma attack.
Anyways, she is fine now. I have given her injections. Give her theses tablets once she she wakes up. I shall get going now.

Re- Thank you doctor.

Doctor left the room. Now, five concerned & confused faces were looking at each other then at Sharon then at Swayam.
Unable to hold on, Rey asked

Re- How come we never knew that she is afraid of dark.

Si- Yeah! We have been with her since childhood. And we never had an idea about it neither she told something like that.

Sw- As if you guys dont know that she always does her best to mask her fears.

Ni- True!

Kr- By the way, what were you guys doing there? And how did you reach there?

Re- Actually we saw you guys leaving the hotel at that hour of night. We were just concerned so decided to follow you. Thats it.

Kr- And your concern made you play a prank on us? You guys were the one doing all that creepy stuff right???

Re(guiltily)- We are sorry. We didnt knew it will lead to this. We just wanted to scare you for fun. We didn't intend to make it this serious.

Kr- Are you nuts? Your prank might have resulted into even horrendous outcomes.

Si- You guys have lost your sanity. Dont you even know the line to stop. This was too much this time. Just look at Sharon.

Sw- Its all my fault. Only I knew of her phobia. I should have stopped you guys.

Re- No... it isnt your fault. You tried to stop us.

Sw- But I couldn't stop you guys. I couldnt do this little thing for her. How could I let this happen.
Its all my fault. I am sorry Sharon. I had a feeling... that this prank might add up to her phobia. But I chose to stand behind stairs & check on her. Why couldnt I already brought her out of the damn place. I am sorry.

With this Swayam stood up and ran out of the room.

Ni- We are really sorry girls.

Vi- We shouldnt have done that.

Re- We are genuinely sorry. You both please take care of Sharon. We'll go n check on Swayam.
Once she wakes up, please give me a call.

Rey took a last look at Sharon, kissed her forehead & left the room followed by Nil and Vicky with their heads hung down.

▪▪▪

Simmi & Kriya were siting on either side of Sharon taking a nap.
Simmi felt something cold on her hand. She woke up to see Sharon trying to sit up.

Si- Sharon! Wait let me help you.

Simmi's concerned yet cheerful voice broke Kriya's nap.