9) The Past

"I'm so hungry right now." Mina said as she sat down with her tray of food.
"Momo, aren't you getting your food?" She asked the girl who was staring at Dahyun on the other side of the room.
"I'm not hungry." The response made Mina shocked.
It was surprising to see a different side of Momo.
"Is something wrong, what happened to you?"
Momo sighed in response still gazing at her lover.
"Sana can you believe this?" Mina turned to her other friend who was staring into space.
"Are you even listening?" She snapped her fingers making the confused girl gain focus.
"W-What did you say?"
Mina noticed that something is going on with her friends and she wants to find out.

"You guys are acting weird, what happened?" She crossed her arms, both girls looked at each other. Suddenly 3 more girls joined their table which caught the others attention.
Dahyun sat next to Momo which the both of them blushed in close proximity to each other.
Chaeyoung smiled and sat next to Mina who smiled back.
Then there was Tzuyu who sat opposite Sana, but the girl avoid eye contact.

"There's something going on with Dahyun and Tzuyu." Chaeyoung whispered to Mina.
"Somethings wrong with Momo and Sana."
"Dahyun keeps looking at Momo and Tzuyu keeps laughing at herself."
They both looked back at their friends, with Momo and Dahyun stealing glances at each other; the other two were sitting quietly.
Tzuyu kept smiling as she looked at Sana who was clearly hiding her face from the girl.

"Do you think..." Mina began, but stopped.
"Something happened between them?" Chaeyoung finished her sentence.
"Yah, why are you guys acting like this?"
The 4 looked at Chaeyoung who called them.
None of them responded.
They called their names and again no response.
"Should we do something?" Mina asked.
"Maybe we should leave them."
.
.
.
It was last lesson, they couldn't wait until school ends especially a lot of things happened today. The bell rang and all the students headed straight to the exit.
"Do you guys want to study?" Mina asked.
"I have to be somewhere." Momo waved and started to walk to the school entrance.
"I-I just need to clear my head." Sana rubbed her head.
"Ooh Chae, here's your chance." Tzuyu pushed her forwards.
"Where are you guys going?"
"I have to be somewhere." Dahyun ran away.
"And I need to catch up with someone." Tzuyu walked off.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and approached Mina, like a tiger.
"Mina, do want to study at my house?" The small girl asked.
"I wouldn't mind actually."
She lead Mina to her car which her bodyguard Jihyo was waiting.
"Ms Son and... her acquaintance." The shocked look on her face made her think.
'This is a change.'
She remembered that girl who she bumped into, though she smiled as she opened the door for the both of them.
"Don't say anything." Chaeyoung whispered whilst getting into the car.
.
.
.
"Momo wait up!" Dahyun shouted across the school entrance.
"Would you like to have dinner with me?"
Momo faintly blushed and accepted her offer.
"I'm doing this because you asked." Momo nudged Dahyun.
"Well, I'm not." Dahyun winked.
Both girls set off as they got into the car in which Jeongyeon was driving.
.
.
.
Sana was sitting alone inside a Pojangmacha (tent bar), drinking out her sorrows with Soju.
"Ugh, I'm so stupid for giving her those letters." She rolled her eyes and drank another shot, when she finished she realised that she drank a whole bottle of Soju.
"Another bottle of Soju please."
"Make that two." A voice spoke behind her, they sat on the seat next to where she sat.
"T-Tzuyu..." Sana froze, not knowing what to do.
The younger girl smiled and poured a glass for her and herself, then she raised her glass and drank it in one gulp.
She gestured at the girl who looked flustered to drink. Sana didn't want to be rude and drank the shot in a second.
.
.
.
Chaeyoung and Mina were in the living room, preferably studying, but mainly talking.
"Weird how everyone just left us." Chaeyoung said.
"I'm still saying that there is something going on." Mina started to write a few notes down in her notebook.
"Ms Son, there's a call for you." Her bodyguard came in.
"Wait here a moment." She got up and went into the other room whilst Jihyo stayed with Mina.
"This place is big." The amazed girl looked around the room.
"I know right, you are the first to see this."
Mina stopped, "What do you mean?"
"I meant that you're the first girl that Chaeyoung brought besides her friends."

'The first girl she brought?' She was confused, how could a popular millionaire never brought a girl in her home?

"Chaeyoung never liked the public, they always seek for her fame. That's why she doesn't like bringing girls to her house except her friends, she's afraid that they won't accept her as a person. They always see her as an opportunity to get rich or get fame." Jihyo continued.

"But I know that you don't seek for those, I've seen how you and Chaeyoung get along. You two seem close and I'm glad she is happy again."

"Why again?" Mina asked.

"Ever since her parents died in a car accident when she was five and with the only survivor being her, she felt that she was alone. My mother took her in and we both grew up with each other, but every time there was family involve she would isolate herself."

Mina was more interested than before, she wanted to know more.

"She had to run the company from a young age, with my help and my families help. I thought I would never see her smile again, until she met Dahyun and Tzuyu. Those three were inseparable, but I knew that Chaeyoung was still hurting inside and alone." Jihyo paused for a moment and Mina sat up correctly.

"As a bodyguard and her cousin, I promised to keep her safe, I also wanted to make her happy and I'm glad that she found you." She gave her a motherly smile.

"What did I miss?" Chaeyoung came back into the room.
"I was asking how you are treating her." Jihyo winked, signalling Mina.
"Oh... She's treating me fine."
Jihyo walked out of the room leaving the two.
"Don't mind her, she's protective." Chaeyoung sat back down with Mina and picked up her pencil.
Even though it was overall a nice session of studying, Mina was still thinking about Chaeyoung.