32) Promised Date

"You're too slow." Jihyo sat down on Jeongyeon's bed whilst she watched her throw all her clothes onto the floor.
All around her room were clothes scattered like broken pieces, some on her mirror, on her desk and even on the ceiling fan.
"I've never been on a date before, you have and you're not helping me!" Jeongyeon had her hands in her face stressing the fact that her date with Nayeon was in 10 minutes.
"I was in the same situation as you are now."
Jeongyeon has calmed down for a moment, "I just need your help this time."

Jihyo stood up and grabbed the closest clothes from the floor.
A checkered flannel with the number 0 on the back, a beige button up coat and a plain black skinny jeans. Also a scarf to top everything off.

"Woah." The reaction that Jihyo sounded pleasing.
"I know, how do you do this?" Jeongyeon asked.
"I was going to say you look meh."
Jeongyeon crossed her arms in anger and started right at Jihyo.
"I'm just joking." She continued, "You may want to leave on time for your date."

Jihyo helped her with her bag and escorted her to the car.
"Let me drive." Jihyo insisted.
"No, I'm picking up Nayeon from her house." Jeongyeon replied.
"You mean Tzuyu's?"
"I meant her parents house, she wanted help from them."
A smile grew from Jihyo.
"I'm glad that she's in good terms with her parents."

"I'm just glad she didn't lash out on them." As Jeongyeon joked, her friend gave her good luck and waved as she pulled out onto the driveway.
.
.
.
Nayeon was standing outside her parents house, waiting for Jeongyeon to pick her up. Her parents got her ready early so she wouldn't be late for her date. It was a calm night, only a few people were roaming around the streets. It wasn't special, but it was pleasing.
After a few minutes a car pulled up as she was called and there she was, the girl who asked her out.

"Jeongyeon." She spoke.
"Hey."
Behind, Nayeon's parents were standing in the door way watching as their little girl for inside the car.
"She'll be okay, right?" Mrs Im asked her husband.
"She's with the girl she liked for years."

The two arrived at the restaurant that Nayeon picked, it wasn't fancy nor was it tacky.
Just a casual dinner for the both of them.
"You've picked a good restaurant." Jeongyeon smiled.
"I know it's a date, but I want to comfortable with you."
Nayeon walked inside first and one of the waiters greeted them and showed them their booked table. Two chairs and a table between with all the utensils they needed.

Jeongyeon respectfully pulled out the chair for Nayeon as she sat down gracefully. A waiter greeted them and asked for what they want to drink.
It wasn't that fancy, they just ordered water.
The both of them quietly sat there reading the menu before choosing their desired meal.
Jeongyeon who wanted a medium rare stake, Nayeon who wanted Lamb Salad with Fregola.

"Anything else?" The waiter asked.
"No thanks." Nayeon handed her the two menus to him and then he went to Jeongyeon.
"Should we wait till the end?" He whispered.
"Wait until we order desert."
The waiter bowed and walked away, it made Nayeon curious and suspect something is going on.
"What was that?" She asked.
"He wanted to confirm our menus again."
Still Nayeon suspected something different.

As their food arrived, they continued to talk for a moment before eating.
Jeongyeon kept eyeing on Nayeon and let out a small snigger when she kept looked at her.
"Okay, why are you looking at me like that?"
"Like what?"
Nayeon rolled her eyes, "You know what I mean."
"You just look cute." Jeongyeon smiled.
"Aww, did you tell the waiter that then?"

The girl didn't know what to say next and instead she looked away.
"I can see what you're doing, you're planning something aren't you?" She crossed her arms.
"Fine... you got me." She held up her hand and purposely dropped something on the floor, Nayeon saw and picked up a box.
She opened and inside was a ring, with the letters 'Im Nayeon' written around.

"I-Is this for me?" Nayeon felt a bit taken aback.
"I was planning to give it to you when we had dessert, but it seems that I can't keep things to myself." Jeongyeon joyfully chuckled to herself.
"This is sweet of you."
"Meh, I mean... it's just that I was in a rush to get—."
Out of the blue Nayeon pulled her collar tightly and into a kiss across the table, luckily the food didn't get in the way.
Other people started to see what's happening as some scoffed and some happily cheering them on.

Jeongyeon's wrapped around her behind her neck and pulled back Nayeon's collar. In surprise, Nayeon sat down intensively.
"Sorry." Nayeon spoke.
"Same."
The two girl felt so awkward, too awkward to even move now.
.
.
.
Jihyo was sitting on the couch watching the TV when she kept remembering what Namjoon said.
'I'm around if you need me.'
She lazily laid sideways, covering herself with a blanket and her face into a cushion.

"Argh! Why can't I forget about him?" She asked herself.
"I mean he's moved on, right? We're on good terms... right?"
Frantically she got up and walked around.
"Yes we are, but does he miss me? Does he still have feelings for me?" She leant against the wall, head first.
"Better yet... Do I still have feeling for him?"

Her phone buzzed, she checked and Jeongyeon texted her saying they were finished with her date.
"11:50 and they're finished, they're definitely on awkward terms." Jihyo joked.
She texted her back.

Jihyo 🦄: I need the both of you, it's important.