Chapter One.

Picture: Evelyn Marie Woods

Have you ever felt like the whole earth was just ripped right from under.

Like there I was Evelyn Marie Woods twenty-three years old, last semester at Harvard law, wife to successful twenty seven year old CEO of Woods&Brooks Enterprises, Tristan Christopher Woods.

Everything seemed great I was four months away from graduating Harvard for corporate law and finance.

Fresh out of school and after my six month internship I was meant to look over the business deals and contracts, heading the legal department of the company that both of our parents had started since before we where both born.

The only thing that made everything better was finding out I was pregnant with our first child.

But everything just went so wrong, my fairytale ending.

It was our two year anniversary, I had made Tristan's favorite dish, gotten his favorite wine while I settled with my glass of water.

I had decorate our bedroom with rose petals and gone out to buy some sexy lingerie to surprise him.

But most importantly I was planning on telling him about the great news of our pregnancy.

That morning had gone as usual we had woken up normally well except for being extra happy about our anniversary.

"Come home early today babe I have a surprise for you." I told him as we made our way to the front door of our apartment, him ready for work, and me ready for my classes.

"Hmm. What kind of surprise?" he ask grabbing my hips pulling me close to him before giving me a sweet kiss.

"Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now would it?" I tease grabbing his chin and pulling his face closer to mine for another kiss, only this time its not so sweet its hard and passionate, a promise for the things to come tonight.

He groans cupping my backside and pressing me closer to him letting me feel just how excited he is.

"If you keep on kissing me like that we won't have to wait till tonight for the surprise." he groans  against my mouth.

I giggle, "Hmm. I think I rather have you wait and build up the anticipation."

"You little vixen. Oh but how I love you my wife. And thats fine I'll wait until tonight when I can show you just how much I love and adore you. But for now let's get this day started." he gives me one last peck and we head out the door.

At the car garage we get into our cars and I blow him one last kiss before driving off to our destinations.

And that was our last good moments. After that everything just went down hill. Leaving my baby without a father and me without my husband in the time I needed him the most.

All throughout that day I just spent it so excited to tell him about the pregnancy, I was just four weeks along but I couldn't help, but be so excited I just knew he was going to be a great father to our child. 

When it was time for lunch I called him like I usually would to see how his day was going, thats when I first noticed something was wrong.

His answers with me where curt and cold.

At that point I blew it off just thinking he was having a stressful day work, but by the time I got home and prepared everything for that night I knew something was wrong, he was late.

And no not just ten or fifteen minutes late but four hours late.

I kept on calling and calling him, it got to the point where I was about to call the cops I was so worried about him.