17

Taz and I had been in my little office all morning.

Wanda had stopped by with some French toast earlier in the morning, which I'd shared with Taz.

Taz was laying on my lap as I sat at my desk watching videos on my chrome book.

I was absentmindedly petting Taz when there was a knock on the door.

I looked up from the laptop to see Wanda and Clint standing in the doorway.

I tapped the screen to pause the video, which caused Taz to sit up with a mew.

Clint rolled his eyes, "You two are like peas in a pod," he commented.

Taz stepped onto the desk to sit on the corner with his tail curled around his feet.

"Steve decided we are going to do a small charity event, visit a hospital in town," Wanda told me, stepped into the room to plop down on a beanbag.

"When?" I asked as I scritched Taz's side.

Clint answered for her as he glanced at his nonexistent watch. "In about forty-five minutes,".

Wanda nodded in agreement.

Taz turned around a hopped back onto my lap, "Okay, I will stay here with Taz," I told the two as I pushed my tablet back a bit so I could lay my chin on my elbow and watch it.

Wanda walked around the desk to hug my shoulders.

I used my arm to hug her waist as I sat up.

"Go make some children happy," I told her as I let go.

Clint waited for her in the doorway, "Behave Pietro," Clint warned before he and Wanda disappeared.

I rolled my eyes before going back to my tablet.
.
.
.
POV SWITCH
.
.
.
We were practically left to roam on one of the floors of the hospital.

Many of the kids preferred Steve, Tony, Natasha, and Clint over the rest of us.

I was pretty sure they'd be all over Thor if he was actually on the planet.

I was wandering near the quieter part of the hospital, the others had started near the elevator and were spreading out.

I stopped in front of a doorway when I heard someone crying.