21

I took the paperwork and walked back to Kevin's room with Wanda, he startled a bit when we entered his room.

"Pietro?" He called a bit warily.

I sat down in the chair beside him, "I have the papers," I announced as I started to look over them.

He relaxed and unclenched his hands, "Does that mean I can leave?"

Wanda sat at the foot of the bed and answered for me. "If not today, then tomorrow,".

A small smile spread across his face. "I... I think I can manage that..."

It was in that moment the doctor decided to give two raps on the door before walking in.

"Mister Tran?" Kevin looked in the doctor's general direction.

The doctor looked at Wanda and I, "I'm going to ask you to step out for a moment so that I can speak with Mister Tran privately," the doctor requested as he approached the bed.

I wanted to say something, but Wanda put a hand on my shoulder, "We will be right outside," she said.

Wanda grabbed my hand and led me out of the room.

She closed the door quietly behind us before putting her finger to her ear, "We are on the second floor," Wanda said quietly into the comm before she focused on me.

"The others are coming up to see what's going on, it will be fine Pietro," Wanda assured me as she sat in one of the chairs on the other side of the hall.

I followed her example and sat down beside her.

It didn't take long for Natasha and Clint to appear.

"What's going on?" Clint demanded.

Wanda decided to answer him before I did, "We will explain when everyone else is here,".

None of us had to wait for very long for everyone else to arrive.