one

The faster I ran, the closer I got towards the light but as far as I was, I couldn't reach for it for more than a mile. I felt his winded breath behind me, motivating me to accelerate. 

"Olivia," His harsh voice spoke. "Olivia! Just listen!"

"I don't want to listen to a word you say," I manage to get out.

"You have to, Olivia. I promise I didn't do it." 

"NO!"

Suddenly, I trip over a branch, the cold aura of the ground engulfing me. I let the tears drip out of my eyes.

"Please, listen." The boy says while his hand rests at the small of my back.

"Why should I listen to you, H-"

"Just look at me."

I turn to see his face, his eyes a pale color which I can't seem to make out. His lips are crumbled and dry. I can see the hurt in his eyes which makes me feel almost, sorry, for this boy.

Abruptly, his face turns into a snake, and bites me on the neck. I scream and realize...

I sit up from my bed, feeling the cold sweat and my hair sticking to my neck. I get up and turn the lights on in the kitchen, getting a glass of water. I lean onto the island as I sigh from the nightmare that just happened.

These are constant, and it scares me because I do believe in Déjà vu. Anything could happen and something terrible could occur.

Footsteps could be heard coming from my parents room. My father appears at the door frame of the kitchen.

"Are they happening again?" My father asks.

"Yeah, but this one wasn't that bad, it just scared me a little. But I'm okay." I repsond.

He nods and heads over to the fridge, grabbing a cup of pudding and a spoon from the drawers.

"Olivia, tomorrow is your first day of school." His mouth soon filled with chocolate pudding.

"My first day but nobody elses'." I correct.

"What are you going to do about these dreams? You're going into Senior year." He says ignoring my remark.

"They're not getting worse though," I sigh.

"Well, it just worries me because this always somehow happens."

"Maybe you should stop worrying for me, it'll probably help." I murmur.

"Doesn't matter what I do, because this is happening to you." His voice a bit stricter.

He walks back into the hallway before he stops.

"Get some sleep, you'll need it."

He exits the hallway and back into my parents' room. I check the time on the clock above the stove.

2:34 A.M., it reads.

I stride back reluctantly to my room. Tucking myself in, I stare at the ceiling.

Maybe, I'm just nervous for tomorrow.

My eyelids get droopy, before I even know it, I fall asleep.

-

 "WAKE UP, OLIVIA!" I hear a shriek.

"I'll be up! Just let me get ready!" I tiredly yell back.

I pace to my closet and choose a decent pair of clothes; denim shorts and a floral blouse with blue vans. I accompany the blue vans with a blue flat top hat. I get in the bathroom, washing my face and applying little makeup. Then I brush my teeth.