About you

"You decorated more." Dansby mentions as we walk in my door.

"Yea I was up late Saturday night getting more out." I say setting my keys and purse down.

"It looks great." He says taking a look around more. "These your parents and brother?" He asks pointing to a canvas picture I have of us in the living room.

"Yea I think that was my junior year of college so Austin was what a senior in high school I think." I try to remember exactly when we took it.

Dansby hums nodding. "What do you're parents do?" He asks.

"Uh Dad owns a pharmaceutical sales company, it's actually the second biggest one in the southeast." I start walking into the kitchen. "And then mom use to work at a bank but she opened up a boutique called Southern Envy."

"Oh my mom and sister both shop there!" Dansby's eyes widen.

I smile and nod. "Yea it's gotten pretty big we have stores in Atlanta, Athens, Nashville and Birmingham."

"Wow so she made it huge." He says. "But you said we, you work there?"

"I do now." I sigh. "I told you I was the marketing director for the Patriots right?" He nods. "Well when Jimmy got traded to the 49'ers I went with him and they put me on their marketing team. So when we broke up I couldn't stand to stay in San Fran, so I moved back home and mom made me head of the marketing team for the company."

"So you're a big shot." He teases.

I laugh shaking my head. "No, that's you Mr. MLB."

Dansby's eyes light up as he remembers something. "Speaking of MLB, your brother. Dudes a beast."

"Austin is good." I nod but Dansby stares at me wide eyed. "Ok he's better than good but don't tell him I said that. We've got the whole sibling rivalry thing going."

Dansby chuckles. "I feel that, my whole family was competitive. Do you know if your brother is going into the draft next year as a junior?"

I shrug. "We don't really talk about it. If I had to guess though yes. He loves it, making the bigs is all he's ever dreamed of."

"He can definitely do it. He's putting up unbelievable stats. I'm glad I never had to play against him in college." Dansby admits as I throw the stakes on the stove.

"I'm sure he'd appreciate the confidence. Ive been talking this whole time, tell me something about your family." I say turning to him and leaning on the counter.

"Well momma is a teacher, Dad owns his own business too, nothing big though. Chase, my brother, he's a lawyer in Atlanta and Lindsey my sister is a sports psychologist. Oh and I have the cutest Nephew ever." Dansby's face lit up as he talked about his family. You could tell they mean a lot to him.

"Got any pictures of him?" I ask. I love babies so I couldn't help myself. Dansby nods pulling out his phone. He turns it to me and I gasp. "He's so stinking cute!"

"Tell me about it. He's gonna be a baller I swear." He says making me laugh. "Those stakes smell amazing." He adds standing up and coming over next to me.

"Thanks. I had the marinating all night so hopefully they are good and juicy." I say as I drop the okra into the oil to fry.

"Can I help with anything?" He offers.

I shake my head as I had the corn too. "I'm good. Would you like a drink though." I offer.

"What do you have?" He asks.

"Water, Gatorade, beer, wine, Diet Coke." I list off what all is in my fridge. "Personally I'm going with a beer." I grab a Michelob Ultra.

"I'll have a beer if you don't mind." I nod grabbing one and handing it to him. "Thanks."