Barbecue

I normally thrive in social situations, it's who I am. But for some reason I was terrified for this barbecue. "Em I have no clue what to where!" I whine throwing myself onto my bed.

"Stop being so dramatic." Emma rolls her eyes. "It's a simple barbecue. Here." She throws a pair of jean shorts and a white v-neck at. "Modest but with a splash of tease."

"Why are you so much better than me at this!" I wonder as I stand up slipping out of my running shorts.

"Literally it's part of my job." She laughs sitting down on my bed. "Now should I crash here tonight or you and Dans gonna be coming back to do the dirty?" She smirks.

I roll my eyes as I slip the shorts on. "I'm not having sex with him any time soon."

"Why the hell not?" She asks confused. "Because if I was you I would be all over him!"

"Trust me I want to be." I groan. "But I promised myself I wouldn't just sleep with guys before dating them. Remember the whole hoe phase?" I ask slightly embarrassed.

Back in college Jimmy and I broke up for a few months durning his rookie season before getting back together. Durning that time I slept my way through half the frats just trying to forget him. I swore I would never do that again.

"Hey everyone needs a hoe phase. It builds character." Emma shrugs.

Rolling my eyes I turn my attention to my makeup. "I just don't want to rush things. I'm scared." I admit. It was big for me to admit that because I'm not a very open person.

"Ash." Emma starts, she moves so she's sitting on my bed. "Dansby is so into you it isn't even funny. When ever I'm hangout with Logan he's always asking about you and gets this stupid grin on his face. He likes you... a lot." I blush at her words.

"I like him a lot too Em. That's what scares me. The last time a fell like this was Jimmy." I admit looking down.

"But Dansby isn't Jimmy and you know that." She says standing up. "I'll be in the living room, he should be here soon." With that she walks out leaving me in my thoughts.

She was right though, Dansby is nothing like Jimmy was. Dansby shows me every day how much he cares about me. Whether it's a text asking how my day went or to the extent of bringing me lunch at work. He went out of his way for me.

"You look beautiful." I look up from my phone shocked until I looked eyes with this brown ones. "Emma let me in." He chuckles.

"Of course she did." I smile standing up. Dansby came over kissing my check as I blushed. "You look good." I compliment grabbing his shirt and keeping him close.

"So do you." He finally leans down and places a soft kiss on my lips. I hadn't seen him in three days and I was craving that kiss. Ever since the night out in Athens it's all I can think about. When we went out Tuesday to dinner we ended the night in his car making out, nothing more just like two high schoolers high on one another.

"Ready to go?" He asks pulling away. I nod letting him lace our fingers.

"By Em, I'll be back later." I call as we walk out. Emma has recently decided to move in with me when her apartment complex flooded Wednesday night thanks to a busted pipe. Honestly though it's great getting to live with my best friend.

"In you go." Dansby smiles opening the truck door for me.

"So chivalry isn't dead." I tease as I climb in.

Dansby chuckles shaking his head as he heads to the other side. "I can't wait for you to meet the family. And Tuck is going to be here, I'm so excited to see my little man."