Introductions

Sirius stepped onto the scarlet train before him, the large metal machine stretching further than the eye could see down the track.

He lugged his trunk through the thin walkways between carriages and searched for a free space. Every time he looked out of a foggy window, he could see his family. Orion, Walburga and Regulus Black all stood out there, impassive masks and cold grey eyes.

Sirius was the image of his Father, years younger, as Regulus was to Sirius. Regulus' eyes held a dullness to them, lacking the life of a child and filled with the seriousness of their father's.

Sirius sighed in relief when he finally came across an empty carriage. He dropped his trunk and slid it underneath his seat, not wanting it to be stored with the other trunks. He was drumming on the window with nimble fingers and brushing his unruly locks out of his face when a boy stumbled into the room.

The boy had dark hair, unkempt and hanging over his forehead, he had gold rimmed glasses over his chocolate brown eyes and his cheeks were flushed with laughter. He was tall-tall for an eleven year old-and lanky, his limbs thin and seemingly uncoordinated but in a cute, charming way.

"Oh! Hello there! Is there a free seat in here?"

Sirius nodded quietly and the boy plopped onto the seat with a thump.
"Oh, good ol' Longbottom."

Sirius raised an eyebrow and the boy grinned. He stuck out a tanned hand and pushed his glasses up on his nose.
"The name's James Potter."

Sirius grabbed his hand and shook it firmly.
"Sirius Black."

James eye's widened.
"Like...Orion Black?"

Sirius sighed and nodded. James shrugged and sat back.
"My Father says your Father is a bad man."

"He is."

"Are you?"

Sirius thought over the question, his eyes meeting that of James' and a frown settling onto his brow.
"I don't think so. I'm not sure."

James shrugged with a grin, the look seeming so natural on him.
"I guess we'll have to wait and see."

Sirius nodded with a quiet smile tugging the corners of his mouth.

Both the boys were quiet for a moment when the train began to move away from platform 9 3/4. Sirius took one last look at his brother, pleading silently that he would behave and stay out of trouble. Regulus waved and, though the brothers never got along all that well, Sirius still loved him. So he waved back.

~

After the two boys had dived into a hyped up conversation about odd muggle affairs they had heard of, such as Cinematic Pictures and video games, two more boys appeared at the door.

The first to enter was a short, stout boy with dirty blonde hair and a mousy face. He had bucked teeth and dull brown eyes, a terrible haircut and chubby cheeks. Sirius raised an eyebrow and was about to comment on the disheveled looking boy when the second boy came into view.

Sirius froze in his seat, wide eyed and mouth open. The boy before him had sandy blonde hair, lightly tanned skin and the most amazing whiskey coloured eyes Sirius had ever seen. The boy was about as tall as James, but slightly muscled which Sirius found odd for an eleven year old.

Sirius was captivated. The sandy blonde waves that fell onto the boys forehead were magnificent, and those golden brown eyes that stared back at him had him lost for words.

"Um...hey. Is there some free seats in here?"
The short boy mumbled.

"Are there some-"
The taller one corrected distractedly, staring at Sirius.

"Who cares, Remus?"

"Peter, stop being so rude and introduce yourself."

Peter was about to retort when Remus stuck his hand out to James, who was closer to him.
"I'm Remus Lupin, and this is Peter Pettigrew."

James smiled cheekily at the boy.
"I'm James Potter,"
He replied as he shook Remus' hand firmly.
"And this is Sirius Black."

Sirius was nodding to Peter and then looked to Remus.
"Hi...um...you guys can sit, you know, if you'd like to."

Remus smiled and sat beside James, Peter beside Sirius.

Sirius was besotted by the beautiful boy before him, and he already knew that this boy would hold more significance to his life than anyone he had ever met or ever would meet.

Just as all the boys had begun to divulge in conversation, a girl with fiery red hair that fell to her waist and emerald eyes that were filled with wisdom and confidence entered the room.

James stared at her like she was a Godess, or the source of all life itself.

"Can me and my friend join you boys?"
She asked with a strong voice.

It was then that the boys noticed a boy in all black with greasy black hair that fell to his chin and a large nose. He had dark eyes, almost black in colour and pale skin.

Remus shrugged and gestured to the extra two seats.
"I don't see why not. Please, sit."

Sirius was too focused on Remus' eyes to notice the pair sit.

The girl sat across from the greasy haired boy on James' side and the boy stared at his lap. James scrambled over Remus and sat beside the girl with a sly grin on his boyishly attractive face.

"Hi there. I'm James Potter. These guys are Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew. And you?"
He raised an eyebrow with a smirk and the girl blushed slightly.

"I'm Lily Evans and this is Severus Snape."

James ignored Severus and grinned at Lily.

"You have a really pretty name."

Lily was about to reply, a blush coating her porcelain skin when Severus interrupted. Sirius and Remus were too busy staring at each other to notice the hostility and jealousy in Snape's voice.

"Cool yourself, Potter," He spat the name like it was dirt. "She's not interested in idiots like you."

Lily's expression turned baffled at Severus' words.
"Sev! That was rude!"

Severus just crossed his arms and shrugged. James glared at the greasy boy before him, his mind brewing up a quick comeback.

"Shut it, Snivellus. Wash your hair, greasy git."
James rolled his eyes and waved his hand dismissively. "I've decided I don't like you."

Lily scoffed with a disgusted undertone and grabbed Severus' hand.
"Come on, Sev. We can find somewhere else to sit."

They both left and Sirius was still stopping himself from brushing away sandy locks off of a creamy complexion. Remus found himself in the same predicament whilst he stared at Sirius.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?"

¤¤¤¤¤¤

Not all of it was based solely on Remus and Sirius, but we needed introductions and connections and whatnot.

Byeeeee!

~Tyarna