I Love You, I Think

"Accio answer sheet!"

Remus slapped Sirius in the back of the head when he heard Sirius mumble the words beside him, waving his wand under the desk.

"Padfoot! If you were so eager to get the answers, you could've simply copied me!"

Sirius smirked at his werewolf mate, the two boys in a small potions test in their sixth year. Sirius had yet to reveal his feelings towards Remus, but he was getting there.

"Ah, but Moony old pal, where's the fun in that?"

Remus rolled his beautiful eyes at Sirius and yet found himself smiling a little at the boy. Remus had yet to reveal his feelings towards Sirius, but...he was getting there.

"You're an idiot, Padfoot."

"You love me."

They both froze the moment the words left Sirius' lips and Remus coughed awkwardly.

"J-Just do your test."
Remus murmured quietly with bright red cheeks.

~

"Sirius Orion Black! Get your ass in here you slimy git!"

Sirius and Remus winced at the sound of Lily's aggravated voice. She let out a stream of curses and stomped down the stone staircase of the Gryffindor common room.

"Sirius! I can't believe you cheated on that test and blamed Severus for taking the answers!"

Sirius stiffled a laugh while Remus rolled his eyes.

"Of course he did."
Remus mumbled and Lily's hard glare softened as she took in his dishevelled state. It had been the full moon only two nights before and Remus was still suffering from aches and pains, and the scratch on his face was sore and bruising.

"Are you alright, Moony?"
Lily asked worriedly as she made her way over to him. She gently touched the scratch and then pulled him into a gentle hug when he frowned, his eyes glazing over.

"No. But it doesn't matter."

Sirius frowned and grabbed Remus' hand.
"Remus, it does matter. If you're in pain, physical or emotional, I-we won't stop until you're better."

Remus looked down at his lap when Lily let him go and crouched in front of him, fiddling with her skirt while she did so.

"I don't know why you guys are still friends with me. I'm a monster."
The last word was sobbed and a pain filled Sirius' chest to see the boy he loved crying.

"Oh...Remus, you're not a monster. You're an amazing person with a brilliant mind and the kindest soul. We wouldn't be able to be us without you."
Lily said with a kind smile on her face. Sirius smiled gratefully to Lily for saying the words he couldn't without giving away his feelings.

Lily knew about his love for Remus, so she motioned with her eyes to tell him. Sirius gulped, afraid of rejection, and he took a deep breath before nodding.

Lily grinned, kissing Remus on the forehead.
"I'm going to go find James and...yell at him for something. What else can a girlfriend do?"

Sirius snorted.
"Love him, maybe? And why did you even care that I blamed Snivellus. Don't you hate him?"

Lily shrugged.
"Yes. But that doesn't mean that we need to be petty. Bye guys. Oh, and when you find Peter, tell him that McGonagall wants him."

The boys nodded and Lily left with a wink aimed at Sirius.

Sirius took a deep breath and grabbef Remus' hand once more. Remus looked up with teary eyes and stared at Sirius.

"Moony," Sirius began with nervous eyes and his cheeks flushed. "Um...where do I begin? Screw it lets get straight into it. I like you. A lot. More than just a friend. Mooney, I love you, I think? Maybe? I don't know, but what I do know is that I really, really like you. And I wanted you to know that."

Remus stared wide eyed at Sirius, a slow smile spreading across his face before he launched himself at the boy and kissed hin with all of his might.

"I love you too, Sirius. I think."

Sirius grinned widely and kissed him again.

At that moment, Frank, Alice, Peter, Marlene, Mary, Lily, James and a few others from Gryffindor house walked in. Wolf whistles sounded and Lily began to cry after hearing Sirius whole speech. She held James hand as he and Peter walked forward.

James clapped Sirius on the shoulder and smiled at him widely.
"Finally, mate! I was sick of hearing your whinging!"

Sirius glared without malice and pushed James.
"Can it, Potter."

Peter chuckled and began to tease the boys.

"Sirius and Remus sitting in a tree,"
He began like a four year old and Remus grinned innocently.

"Oh, Peter? McGonagall would like to see you. Be a lamb and go visit the angel, would you?"

Peter paled and rushed out of the room, not able to finish his song.

"Pity. I liked how that song was going."
Sirius mumbled against Remus' neck as everyone began to get back to what they were doing.

Lily and James were in the same position on the armchair opposite Sirius and Remus. They watched their friends with a smile before James kissed Lily gently on the temple.

"I'm rather glad you stopped hating me last year."

Lily hummed quietly.
"Me too, Potter. Me too."

James smiled cheekily at her.
"You know, soon you won't be able to call me Potter because you'll be one too."

James didn't mean to let it slip that he wanted to marry the beautiful red head in front of him and yet it did anyway. Lily stared at him wide eyed, slightly teary.

"Evans, are you alrig-"

"I love you."
It was the first time either of them had said it, though they both knew it was true.
"And I will marry you one day. You'll be mine. Forever. In a completely non-creepy way."

James chuckled.
"I already am yours. Forever. And you're mine. I love you too, Evans."

And then he kissed her.

And Sirius kissed Remus again because he could.
"I've been wanting to do that since the day I met you, Moony."

"Me too, Padfoot."

¤¤¤¤¤

I have a slight predicament.

I can't quite remember whether or not Moony is spelt with an e after the n. I would watch the movies and look at the map, but I can't be bothered getting up because it's like 2:00am and I don't want to google it because I just want to write.

Mooney or Moony...hmmm...

Whatever. It doesn't really matter, as long as you know what I'm talking about.

Byeeee!

~Tyarna