Astronomy

In which Sirius loves the stars and  knows all about the constellations and Remus loves Sirius.

"-and that star's me. Sirius. It's part of the Canis Major."

Sirius' finger traced the inky sky and then followed along the spaces between each bright star, forming an odd, beautiful shape.

"And that's the Plough. It's part of the Ursa Major. But apparently in Australia they call it the Big Dipper."

Remus couldn't take his eyes off of Sirius, the faint glow of the crescent moon reflecting off of the features on his smiling face. He lifted his other hand and dragged them across the midnight sky, hands swaying enthusiastically, in a way Remus had never seen.

"That star right there? That's Aldebaran. And that's Cassiopeia, right there. All across there is Virgo."

Remus looked at the sky and Sirius' hands as he moved them around before dropping them to his sides. He then raised one hand, pointing at an odd cluster of stars.

"I'm a Scorpio. You're a Pisces. I just...I love the stars. My entire family is named after the stars. That's not why I like them though. But...yeah. I was named after the stars."

Sirius dropped his hand onto Remus' and pulled it away quickly, awkwardly apologising in a low mumble and blushing while Remus smiled. Sirius looked at his hands which sat in his lap and he bit his lip. He was never this awkward.

And then Remus grabbed his hand from his lap and held it, eyes never leaving the stars. Sirius turned to look at Remus and smiled when Remus interlaced their fingers.

Sirius rested his head on Remus' shoulder and pointed again with his other hand, tracing the outline of the moon.

"My favourite thing about the night sky is the moon. Because it...it reminds me of you."

Remus looked at Sirius with wide eyes and let all of his feelings pour out in one spontaneous action that neither of them expected.

He screamed.

Sirius jumped about a foot off of the ground and looked at Remus with a widly beating heart and wide eyes.

"What the fuck was that?"
He exclaimed and Remus found the whole ordeal equally embarrassing and hilarious. And he laughed.

"You caught me off guard! I'm not good with feelings!"

Sirius stared at him like he was crazy before collapsing into fits of giggles. Remus soon joined and they just sat atop the astronomy tower, under the stars and laughed.

When they finally sobered up Sirius looked at Remus with a smile.

"Don't scream-" a snort sounded from Remus. "But Merlin's Beard I love you."

And then they sat there, under the bright stars with red flushed cheeks and watery eyes, small bursts of giggles coming from absolutely nowhere.

Short but sweet.

It'll have to do for now until I can find more inspiration.

Byeeee!