Morning Coffee

Sirius was curled up on Remus' chest, his arms around the werewolf's torso and his legs around his waist. Sirius' soft breathing and the small hiccups against Remus' neck were sending him mad and goosebumps covered every inch of his skin where Sirius was touching. It was the first time they had slept in the same bed, and they were both merely shirtless, but Sirius was clinging to Remus like he was afraid that he would leave. He proved himself right when he shifted slightly and Sirius tightened his grip with a small whimper.

The sun was shining gold through the slightly open burgundy drapes, and Remus listened as the birds whistled softly in a beautiful melody to wake them up. James was snoring down in the common rooms with Lily wrapped up quietly in his arms, breathing onto his heart and being soothed by the sound of his pulse as it beat at a steady pace. Peter was in the Hufflepuff common room, passed out after 'studying' with a chubby Hufflepuff girl who had a crush on Remus but settled for Peter.

Remus stroked Sirius' hair and pushed it away from his beautiful face, looking at how his rught cheek almost swallowed his eyes as it push aginst his cheek. How his eyelashes curtained the freckles at the top of his cheeks but couldn't cover the ones on his nose which he hated. Remus thought they further emphasized the fact that he was named after a constellation.

He touched his scarred hand to Sirius' soft, pink cheek and smiled when the sleeping boy's eyes fluttered open and he wiped the bit of drool from the corner of his mouth and pressed his face to the skin of Remus' chest, running his fingers gently across scars and breathing him in.

"Why in fuck's name do you smell so good? Like...cinnamon and books."

Remus chuckled and coughed, sniffled, then wrapped himself back up in his blanket.
"You smell like wet dog so..."

Sirius frowned at Remus and sat up, looking at him worriedly. He pressed the back of his hand to Remus' forehead and it was burning up. Remus' nose was bright red and he kept sniffling, and rough coughs would erupt from his chest every few minutes. Sirius hugged Remus and patted his head, wrapping him in a blanket.

"You're sick, Moony. I told you that you should've brought a blanket to the astronomy tower last night when you went up. I knew you would get sick. You're staying in bed today."

"But we've got class!"

"James will take notes for you 'cause I'm gonna stay and look after you."

Remus rolled his eyes before coughing and moving to sit up as he gasped for air. Sirius frowned and rubbed his back before calling James. Remus continued to cough before rushing to the bathroom and throwing up.

"Lily! Get Madame Pomfrey for us, will you love? Remus is sick."

Lily went to fetch Madame Pomfrey and she gave him a potion, saying it was simply a flu and to take the day off to rest. She sent the others to classes but Sirius hid in the bathroom and stayed there until Madame left and he stayed with Remus.

*

"Rem, no, you can't study. You're sick."

"Sirius, I'm bored."

"Just stay in bed!"

"I don't want to!"

"Rem, don't yell, you'll cough again."

"Just let me do somethin-"

"Just let me take care of you!"

The two boys fell silent at Sirius' outburst and Remus frowned.

"You always take care of us. You're always our protector. The only time we can help you is once every month and we can't even do that. We can't stop your pain. Just...let me take care of you. Please."

Remus sighed as he saw a tear fall down Sirius' cheek and pulled Sirius to sit in front of him. He wiped away the single tear and smiled gently.
"You can take care of me, but you have to promise to do it well."

Sirius smiled softly before an idea popped into his head.

*

Sirius ran around the room and drew all the curtains, plunging the room in almost complete darkness. He closed the doors and opened the curtains surrounding the beds before he sat at the head of the bed. Remus laid down with his head on Sirius' stomach and his spine on his lap. He looked at Sirius in confusion when he drew his wand.

"Get your wand out Rem, then cast your patronus on the count of three."

Remus sighed and grabbed his wand from the bedside table, ashamed of the animal his patronus was. A wolf. But he did it to make Sirius happy.

"One...two...three!"

"Expecto Patronum!"
"Expecto Patronum!"

Sirius thought of Remus.
"Remus thought of love. Sirius' love.

They both cast their patronus' and the room was filled with soft blue light, small, shining bits and pieces falling and resting on the floor before disappearing. The wolf and the dog chased each other around the room in glowing soft blue light and Remus smiled widely, the patronus charms making him feel better-though it was most likely the potion, it was nice to dream.

Sirius turned on the record player that he bought at a small muggle shop in London last Christmas and put on a Beatles record, playing the song Blackbird. The small animals slowly gave way to soft blue lights dancing around the roof and lighting up the room.

Sirius pulled Remus off of the bed gently and placed his arms around his shoulders, Remus' circling Sirius' waist. They swayed gently to the music and Sirius rested his head on Remus' collarbone, smiling softly as Remus hadn't coughed or sneezed in over two and a half hours.

And then James had to come and ruin the moment.

"IF YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING THEN I'LL KILL YOU AND FEED YOU TO YOUR PARENTS!"

Sirius shrugged.
"I'm okay with that."

And then he kissed Remus on the lips.

*

The next day they didn't go to class again because Sirius had the flu.

*******

Yay! Fluff!