Utterly Pulchritudinous

"No. No way am I letting you do this. Guys, do you know how dangerous this is?"

"Minnie did it."

"McGonagall is one of the smartest, most powerful witches on the planet. Of course she did it."

"Yes, so if she did it-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. So...you're saying that, since an experienced, extremely powerful witch mastered the art of transfiguration and then became an animagi, that three sixth years could too?"

"Yes, Moony, that's exactly what I'm saying."

Remus sighed and looked at Sirius with an exasperated expression.
"Sirius...I can't let you guys risk your lives for me."

"I-we'd do anything for you, Moony. Plus, this would be really cool!"

Remus looked over at James and Peter who were knelt over the potion that they had been working on for months. It was midnight and the were in the Room of Requirements, where no one would find them.

"Come on, Moony. We did not just spend months on that potion to not use it. Please, let us do this for you."

Remus frowned.
"You could get hurt."

"I'd risk it if it means we get to help you when you need it."

Remus pulled Sirius into a long hug before nodding and taking a deep breath.
"Okay...only if you guys want to."

Sirius nodded excitedly before walking back from the corner to James and Peter. They had three cups lined up in front of the small grey pot that held a scarlet liqiud. The potion smelt of forest and salt, and Remus gulped while James filled the cups.

"Someone needs to go first. We can't have all of us try it at once in case something goes wrong."

Sirius raised his head frkm the potion but Remus shot that down quickly.
"Sirius, no. Sit your ass down, you git."

Sirius scowled and sat, crossing his arms and sighing.

James shrugged and downed the whole drink before anyone could stop him. He swallowed it down and paused, frowning and his legs. He was about to speak when he doubled over and groaned, his bones snapping and moulding into a different shape before he sprouted tanned fur and soon became a large stag.

"Oh my..."
Remus began with wide eyes and Sirius laughed and patted James' neck.

"Oh James! You're beautiful, mate! A big ol' stag! I shall call you...Prongs! Those antlers on your head should explain it."

James stared at Sirius and eventually he began to shift back into his human self, exhausted and sore. He grabbed his robe-they all brought their robes-and he put it on slowly.

"How did you turn back?"
Peter asked eagerly.

"I read in the potions book that you picture your human form and you change back."

Peter nodded and grabbed his cup, gulping it all down and going through the same process as James. There was only one difference though. Peter shrunk. All the way down to the size of Remus' hand. Into a rat...

"Peter! You're a rat!"
Remus gasped amusedly.

Sirius snorted.
"We shall name you...Wormtail!"

Peter eventually shifted back and pulled on his robe.

Remus stared worriedly at Sirius as he grabbed his cup.
"My turn."

Remus kissed him gently and nodded, closing his eyes and merely listening to Sirius' grunts and the snapping of his bones, not physically able to watch. Remus waited in silence when he felt soft fur nuzzle into his neck.

Remus' eyes shot open and he stared at the beautiful black dog in front of him that was once Sirius. The dog licked his hand and Remus chuckled shakily, petting the dog on the neck and back before hugging it.

Sirius shifted back and grabbed a robe before all the boys headed back to the common rooms, speaking quietly but excitedly about their new secret.

"Why do you think I'm a dog?"
Sirius asked and Remus shrugged.

"Your loyalty, probably. By the way, I'm calling you Padfoot. That's a good nickname for a dog."

Sirius grinned.
"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs. The amazing Marauders!"
He announced this like a proper showman and Remus grinned like crazy.

"Why do you think I'm a rat?"
Peter asked.

All of the boys were silent before James spoke.
"Probably because you like cheese."

All of the boys agreed, refusing to see any other reason and then grinning as they made their way into their beds.

Sirius lay down beside Remus and Remus stared at him.
"Both you and your animagi form are unbelievably pulchritudinous."

Sirius grinned at Remus.
"Thank you, Moony."

"Welcome, Padfoot."

¤¤¤¤

I love this one. I don't know why. I just do.

Byeeee!

~ Tyarna